Apply Tolerance to meal ingredients.

Started by erdrik, June 29, 2018, 12:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erdrik

You know how joy/recreation has tolerance levels that make certain activities less effective if they are repeated without variance? Or how drugs take longer to be effective?
I was thinking it would be a cool idea to have the same be applied to meals based on the ingredients involved.
I don't mean effecting nutrients, rather the secondary effects like how much joy or mood is effected by eating certain meals.
I have a habit of growing only one type of plant for my meals, and in my experience don't appear to be punished for it. So maybe adding ingredient based tolerances would provide incentive to grow a more diverse crop?

I mean I know I would get sick of eating potatoes day in and day out for years on end...
(heck I get sick of eating the same stuff in less than a week...)

OFWG

I agree, but IMO instead of a penalty for eating the same thing there should be a bonus for eating a varied diet. Like Banished, which confers a health bonus for colonists that eat at least 4 kinds of food.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Injured Muffalo

Realistic, but not sure it belongs in this game. You would probably have to add more food types that are otherwise similar, and micromanage ingredient recipes.

It's tough to support so many aristocrats; they want such a variety. Or were those patricians?
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.