Everything (nearly) should be uninstallable/reinstallable

Started by Zombull, June 30, 2018, 04:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombull

Unless there's a specific reason for it not to be.

For instance, I can't think of any reason for the hi-tech research bench to not be movable when it's time to expand the workshop.

Something like the geothermal power plant? I can see that not being movable. (Why would you ever need to?)

ashaffee

I 100% agree. I feel like the only way I can enjoy this game is to do a full base plan for a powersupply network because of the huge cost of putting them in the wrong locations. Same with benches, I need to plan perfect space for everything.

The number one thing that annoys me is that I can't move traps and they have a pretty high cost. They are reactionary placement imo. So it seems silly to not be able to move them.

I assume mods will fix this very fast though so I am not worried.

AileTheAlien

If it's for balance reasons, uninstall / install time can be made to scale with item weight. Also...do pawns actually move slower if hauling something heavy? I feel like having them move very slowly, while moving the heavy-ass high-tech research bench into the new location, is a good way to make sure this isn't unbalanced. Maybe anything large enough that a pawn can't lift it, isn't movable?

Ambaire

Quote from: AileTheAlien on June 30, 2018, 10:57:22 PM
Maybe anything large enough that a pawn can't lift it, isn't movable?

Solution: Add multi-pawn hauling. Have 2+ pawns needed to move the item to the new location.