[1.1] ED-Embrasures - 2.0.0.0

Started by Jaxxa, July 02, 2018, 08:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxxa

ED-Embrasures:

Adds embrasures for that can be shot through, while blocking passage, giving your colonists an advantage in combat.
Enemies will still be able to fire back but your troops will be in cover similar to sandbags and can't be rushed by melee forces.
The holes in the wall allow temperature to equalise through the gaps.

Setting have been added to allow you to customise the cost and protection given.

Download:
Github
Steam

Jaxxa

Jaxxa

Jaxxa

Jaxxa

lllMWNlll

Those Embrasures block movement over them? Or Works similar to "Medieval times Embrasures" which allows they to be over hauled but very slow?

Umbreon117

Quote from: lllMWNlll on July 02, 2018, 09:26:30 AM
Those Embrasures block movement over them? Or Works similar to "Medieval times Embrasures" which allows they to be over hauled but very slow?
IIRC they blocked passage.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Jaxxa

That is correct, you should not be able to walk through them.

lllMWNlll

TuanNguyen

Hey I installed the mod but it's no where to be found in the game? What did I do wrong?

Jaxxa

Quote from: smitty on August 04, 2018, 04:44:26 PM
Is there a steam link for [1.0] ED-Embrasures so that we can get updates automagically?

Not yet, after 1.0 is officially released the existing B18 version on steam will be updated.

Quote from: TuanNguyen on August 04, 2018, 07:38:02 PM
Hey I installed the mod but it's no where to be found in the game? What did I do wrong?

It should show up in the structure Tab if it is installed correctly.

You should check that you downloaded the release version and not just the source code from GitHub.
Also check that it is in the correct folder so "\RimWorld\Mods\ED-Embrasures\About", with no extra folders.

Jaxxa

Just put up a new version. 1.0.0.1

Updating Build to 0.19.2006 and Harmony to 1.2.0.1

Syrchalis

Would you kindly replace the UI Icon? I think it's long overdue for an upgrade.

[attachment deleted due to age]
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Jaxxa

Just put up a new version including a new UI icon.

Thanks for pointing that out Syrchalis.

RicRider

Thanks for updating this, it's one of my must haves. Jaxxa do you mind clearing something up? Was something changed in the way these work in B19? I remember in B18 I used to use these as 'cheap vents'. So I'd be in a boreal forest map and stick them in the walls of my freezer and it would cool the room (especially useful for medieval playthroughs). Now though in B19 I noticed that these embrasures cause the room to be considered 'outdoors' so all my food rotted before I picked up on what was going on. Is this just because of the B19 change or did  you change something with the way they work?

The other question I had was is there a difference in graphics now? I could have sworn that these embrasures synced up nicely with the walls they were built next to but now they kind of look a bit off, like they're not connected.

Anyway let me know if something's not clear and I'll try to get you some screenshots at the earliest chance.
##Coding Scrub##