No reputation loss for man-hunter kills

Started by TwoThe, June 29, 2018, 12:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoThe

I recently learned that you loose reputation if you get visited by another faction if that faction then gets killed by man-hunters. As that is hardly the fault of the player, he should not loose reputation from kills made by other or neutral factions.

kingy10005

What if they hide in one of your dinning rooms or a enclosed space for safety ? Think I could live with that and understand them not wishing not to die 🤔😃

5thHorseman

While I understand your reasoning (both of your reasonings. They could at least TRY TO RUN AWAY) I kind of like the idea that once in your realm their protection is your responsibility.

But it'd be nice to be able to tell them to go inside or something.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Robc

Quote from: 5thHorseman on July 02, 2018, 07:16:22 AM
While I understand your reasoning (both of your reasonings. They could at least TRY TO RUN AWAY) I kind of like the idea that once in your realm their protection is your responsibility.  But it'd be nice to be able to tell them to go inside or something.
I agree that I like the idea that visitors are my responsibility to protect, I think that is the intent of the current game play.  I also think that guests being a pain in the butt is completely normal and something that has to be dealt with (within reason).  Nevertheless, without a trade spot or any means whatsoever of influencing their behavior it really is outside the reach of an early colony's ability to provide reasonable protection to the lot.  Thus events that result in faction loss feel like an unfair hit to a struggling young colony.   

Although a bit complex... to me an ideal system would be that visitors assess their own strength against the colony strength the moment that they arrive.  If the colony is equal or stronger then damage to the guests from third parties should result in faction loss.  If the visitors or guests are stronger then they might feel an obligation to help the colony, at the least any losses due to third party actions would not result in faction damage.  This system would greatly help new colonies and severely struggling colonies and keep the current consequences for strong well established colonies.