I suck at Rimworld and I don't care!

Started by Snowcaller, July 02, 2018, 04:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowcaller

I've only made it off the rimworld once and that was on base builder with Phoebe before AI's had to be obtained in quests and before ships needed to charge up.
I once lost a promising, fairly well armed colony on said difficulty to a maddened swarm of snow-hares.
I am personally responsible for the slaughter of numberless alcoholic puppies.
I still forget to micro my melee guys when i laugh too hard.
I once left my game unpaused to find something in my room and didn't hear the raid alarm because i was singing along with "Ceta"

What a great game.
I suck at Rimworld, and I don't care. :)

Panzer

Thats the beauty of the game, you dont need to be good at it to have it tell a story, it does that either way. In my opinion the most interesting stories happen when you dont play perfect, flawless play always ends in boredom for me  ;D

Oblitus

Quote from: Snowcaller on July 02, 2018, 04:25:03 PM
I once left my game unpaused to find something in my room and didn't hear the raid alarm because i was singing along with "Ceta"
Protip: enable autopause on red alarms.

Scavenger

Good players should impose handicaps for fun imo. I have done some creative things to spice it up lol. Full cannibal is a common one.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Teutorix

Quote from: Scavenger on July 02, 2018, 11:43:55 PM
Good players should impose handicaps for fun imo. I have done some creative things to spice it up lol. Full cannibal is a common one.

Or the reddit community's favourite, all clothing must be made of human leather.

Kirby23590

That's the spirit of the game!

You have to learn from your mistakes from everything!

Attacking a herd of deer with my hunter back in B18 is a death sentence. And using a animal pulser artifact with well... with pets around...

Don't worry! I learned from this too!

Quote from: Scavenger on July 02, 2018, 11:43:55 PM

Hmmm... What about a cannibal tribe. I think think of making them not plant stuff with the scenario editor's help making hunting and raids the source of food and you have to buy medical stuff too.

Oh yeah. I forgot about making a scenario that makes everyone explode in death which can add extra FUN!!

Quote from: Teutorix on July 03, 2018, 08:13:04 AM
Or the reddit community's favourite, all clothing must be made of human leather.

What about human leather armchairs? :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Snowcaller

Today's episode of 'Snowcaller Sucking at Rimworld' involved killing a pawn in a heatwave because a cooler was mounted backwards.

Anniebenlen

Quote from: Snowcaller on July 08, 2018, 11:38:59 PM
Today's episode of 'Snowcaller Sucking at Rimworld' involved killing a pawn in a heatwave because a cooler was mounted backwards.
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who does this.

mndfreeze

Definitely not the only one.  I *MIGHT* have done it more than once... maybe... yeah I did.

Only one of the many times was it actually on purpose... lol, and was meant to kill bugs not my pawn... oh well.. kill something it did, just not the right thing. :D

TheMeInTeam

Can't be good at everything.  While I like to push to the highest levels of challenge in most games, this does cut into a little bit of the catharsis and I play fewer games as a result while trying to master the ones I do. 

The ideal is that you enjoy it.  Nobody else can do that for you, might as well play like you want.