[1.0] Smoothed walls - mining vs repair

Started by AileTheAlien, July 03, 2018, 05:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AileTheAlien

Smoothed stone walls that have been marked for mining shouldn't get repaired. Right now, you get pawns fighting over reparing the damage from mining, vs trying to mine the things.

Kubouch

Yep, a guy assigned to both mining and construction will start mining a smooth wall but turns into repairing it after a brief moment. Probably this should go to a Bugs section?

Suspicious

Can confirm, came here to report this. Had a pawn with construction assigned to 1 and mining to 2, would continously go back and forth between the two.

murderbits

Version: 1.0.1982

Summary: If you attempt to mine a smoothed stone wall with someone who has construction active, he will mine it down to about 50% or lower and then repair it. He'll do this almost indefinitely (I watched three miners/construction guys take 35 game days to eventually mine ten blocks).

Steps to Reproduce:

• Smooth a natural stone wall (such as in a mountain).
  • Have your miners assigned both mining and construction work orders.
  • Select the smooth wall and click the mining icon, to have it mined/destroyed.
  • Observe as the smoothed wall is mined down to about half of its hitpoints and then the pawn repairs it back to 100% and starts mining it all over again. Rinse and repeat.