[POLL!] What happened to Glitterworld term, replaced by "Urbworld?

Started by dearmad, June 25, 2018, 10:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitterworld Medicine? Or Ultratech?

Glitterworld is evocative, fun, so Rimworldy good, I'll take the risk, cut off that limb!
48 (82.8%)
Ultratech is modern, concise, factual, and to the point. More likely to cure my ails.
10 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: July 23, 2018, 05:21:03 PM

Serenity

Quote from: Boston on July 04, 2018, 01:54:13 PM
WH40k has "Frontier Worlds" just like Firefly has "border planets"
So do lots of other sci-fi universes. It's the logical result of any setting based on colonization. The Honor Harrington universe has many levels of development. Core worlds, shell, protectorates, verge. Star Wars has similar concepts.

There is really nothing more ridiculous than W40K fanboys

Boston

Quote from: Serenity on July 04, 2018, 03:05:00 PM
Quote from: Boston on July 04, 2018, 01:54:13 PM
WH40k has "Frontier Worlds" just like Firefly has "border planets"
So do lots of other sci-fi universes. It's the logical result of any setting based on colonization. The Honor Harrington universe has many levels of development. Core worlds, shell, protectorates, verge. Star Wars has similar concepts.

There is really nothing more ridiculous than W40K fanboys

And there is nothing really more annoying than Firefly fanboys.

Your show got shitcanned 15 years ago, it is time to build a bridge and get over it. It was alright, as far as sci-fi went, but the constant dickriding by fanboys got old by 2010 and drove off whatever like i had for the series.

Im not even that big a fan of WH40k, all things considered. I'd just prefer if references to things -other- than Firefly/"generic western + space" would be allowed.

Where is Dune referenced? A spare couple of backstories?

The farther Rimworld gets from "generic western", the happier I'll be. Not out of any particular dislike for the genre, but because it is so overwhelming in the game already. Not everything has to be cowboy hats. There are plenty of other aspects of colonization and settling that can be brought up.