Uninhabited Planet Survive!

Started by MerlinEngine, July 03, 2018, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MerlinEngine

I do not know if the members of this site are into anime be, but I assume some might. I am not quite as crazy about them as I once was, but I did find one particular anime that made me scream "THIS IS RIMWORLD!" at my screen every five minutes from episode 3 onwards. Overall, it's a fairly Meh to OK series that readapted (or copied, depending on your view) contemporary novels such as Children's Island, Two Years' Vacation and similar stories. An adult viewer has to have at least a bit of kiddie programming tolerance, as the series was definitely intended for a teenager audience. Still, its fun, and something I think Rimworld players might appreciate. It definitely reminds me of my playstyle, as I tend to limit my character ages to 19, thereby getting skill weak crew I can improve over time.

Basically, it is a story about a bunch of teenagers in the 22nd century that get stranded on an apparently uninhabited world during a school trip. They, of course, have to build up a base and survive using their skills and wits, sometimes against a hostile environment, though in the first episodes, it's mostly about their food supplies and similar concerns. I do not want to give out potential spoilers, but I think I can say that quite a lot of events in Rimworld share similarities with story arcs in the series, but without revealing exactly which ones. I will post the Wikipedia link, as a direct link to the videos might violate some of the on-site rules. A quick google search should be sufficient in finding methods of viewing the series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninhabited_Planet_Survive!

mabor0shi

MyAnimeList Mujin Wakusei Survive

It says "Rating: G - All Ages" There are no scenes where someone is forced to remove their dying best friend's organs one by one in order to trade them for potatoes? So it's not like RimWorld at all...

edit: Just saw the ED theme is "Sunny Side Hill" by ROUND TABLE feat. Nino and now I'm kinda interested.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!