some masochistic raider ideas

Started by Crow_T, July 04, 2018, 10:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow_T

Some ideas for raiders to add diversity:

harassment raiders: raiders, usually alone or in a small group, who do hit and run tactics like set off an animal pulser or shoot a colonist with a psychic insanity lance then leave the map. Later game could include tornado generators and orbital beamers.* There would obviously be a bit of time to counter before the event. Saying "It looks as though a raider has an advanced weapon"  but not specifying it could be fun.

Big Deal Raiders: These are end game and in the hardest modes, but giving raiders access to all the weapons a player has access to would be brutal. Obviously they are in the same world as the player, they will find that stuff too. I've always thought having a practically unwinnable hard mode would be fun. Could be split into a branch of hi-tech Spacer raiders.
* could reserve tornadoes and beamers for these guys

(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Jibbles

lol I think I would save my shock lance for those harassment raiders.  Or form a caravan asap