Batteries won't keep power

Started by Grillbye, July 05, 2018, 08:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grillbye

I'll explain that more specifically;  I'm actually running a non-steam Rimworld with some mods like Zombieland in priority and it only happened on that savefile by the way...

So basically my batteries just don't contain power. They charge until 800 W/ and doesn't seems to keep it. It decreases really fast, even when there are 2 or more wind turbines running at full power at night. Even with 4 solar panels at day, the batteries don't charge. So what did I do wrong, since it only does that on that savefile? I've got no problem with batteries on the other savefiles...
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

Canute

Basicly this is a topic for Mod bugs, since you couldn't identify the mod who cause the problem.
Since this isn't a normal behavior, or at last all my batteries didn't do anything you describe.
So some kind of error should appear i think, maybe check the error window.
You can try at first,
Destroy all batteries with the dev tool destroy.
Let the game run a few seconds so the powergrid update.
Then replace the batteries with the god mode enable, so it instantly get build and don't need resources.
Check if the problem is solved.

vzoxz0

When you do go to the mod forums, make sure to mention your version, and the version of the mods installed.

Snafu_RW

There's a vanilla generic (installed) battery discharge rate of 5% (B18); it sounds very much like one of your mods changed that, as I don't remember any comments or patch notes mentioning it changing in v1.0x..
Dom 8-)

Oblitus

Make sure your batteries are actually connected to power.

vzoxz0

Quote from: Oblitus on July 06, 2018, 04:40:13 PM

And "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" is your next advice, I'm sure :P

Oblitus

Quote from: vzoxz0 on July 06, 2018, 04:42:11 PM
Quote from: Oblitus on July 06, 2018, 04:40:13 PM

And "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" is your next advice, I'm sure :P
"Uninstall and reinstall" is quite reasonable advice.

Grillbye

I indeed tried with a savefile with less mods and it's not decreasing like it does on that savefile with  Zombieland. So I guess it's about one of the mods I had with... welp, I'll lock the subject since it seems fixed..
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.