Rimworld crash at the start when I add mod

Started by Valmone, November 15, 2018, 02:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmone

Hello

I come search help because I have one big probleme with the game when I add .zip mod.
It is a very stranger probleme because when I add .rar mod, it's good.
Oddly, when I play on A18 and A19 a few month ago, I haven't got this probleme. This probleme was spawned during A19, just before V1, and it's always actuality with the v1.

In crash report I find this error:
QuoteUnloadTime: 3.672229 ms
Failed to load 'C:/Users/Valmone/Desktop/RimWorld.Beta.19/RimWorldWin_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks.dll' with error 'Le module spécifié est introuvable.'.

So if somebody know how resolve this probleme, thanks you very much.

I love you, Valmone  :-*

PS: sorry for my english, if you want I can explain in french

Canute

Hi
at first since you need to unarchive the .zip/.rar files into the mods folder, it doesn't matter if they are rar/zip/7z since Rimworld read the plain files not the archives.

You should avoid to use A19 mods at the 1.0 release, they can work sometimes but they don't need to work. So careful about this.

The error mean's he can't find the CSteamworks.dll.
Best way you let steam reinstall it.
Or maybe delete the complete
C:/Users/Valmone/Desktop/RimWorld.Beta.19
and let steam reinstall it.
Then you have a clean install, since steam got trouble overwriting old version with newer ones. Uninstall don't delete all files, and these files made trouble for many people before.

Valmone

Thanks dor your fast answer

Quote from: Canute on November 15, 2018, 03:01:29 AM
at first since you need to unarchive the .zip/.rar files into the mods folder, it doesn't matter if they are rar/zip/7z since Rimworld read the plain files not the archives.
Id do it always.

You should avoid to use A19 mods at the 1.0 release, they can work sometimes but they don't need to work. So careful about this.
Obviously

The error mean's he can't find the CSteamworks.dll.
Best way you let steam reinstall it.
Or maybe delete the complete
C:/Users/Valmone/Desktop/RimWorld.Beta.19
and let steam reinstall it.
Then you have a clean install, since steam got trouble overwriting old version with newer ones. Uninstall don't delete all files, and these files made trouble for many people before.
I have do it lot of time, and it's ok when I launch game, but crash when I reactive mod.
CSteamworks.dll is at its place.

I have restore my computer during the A19, and after crash appear. I thought has re-install all component like directX, but it is may be the reason

Canute

QuoteI have do it lot of time, and it's ok when I launch game, but crash when I reactive mod.
I have restore my computer during the A19, and after crash appear. I thought has re-install all component like directX, but it is may be the reason

You should test at first if the game run's without any mods.
Then your PC is fine and it is a mod issue.

Then you just need to find out what mod cause it, and look for an update of that mod or report it to the mod auther if there is no update.

Valmone

Quote from: Canute on November 15, 2018, 04:26:02 AM
QuoteI have do it lot of time, and it's ok when I launch game, but crash when I reactive mod.

You should test at first if the game run's without any mods.
Then your PC is fine and it is a mod issue.

Then you just need to find out what mod cause it, and look for an update of that mod or report it to the mod auther if there is no update.
I can run the game with any mod in my computer, and with mod compresse at .rar (.rar and .zip it's same compression, but do a variance on my computer).
Morever, I succeeded to run games with lot of mod on an other computer and its work !! I have try to do the same on my personnal computer... and crahs :o

Canute

Let my say so, on my PC Rimworld can't use and compressed modfiles, i need to uncompress them so Rimworld can use them.

If that works with your other computer and not with your personal one, then your personal one are missing some tool that allow this feature.
So i just would uncompress all mod files at the mods folder.

Valmone

Sorry if I can't make me understand, but I also decompress mod to be able to use them
But strangely, the mods that were compressed in .rar do not crash the game, unlike .zip

The only difference is the extension, so I do not understand the reason for the error.
What are CSteamworks.dll doing here?

Canute

Because it has nothing to do with the compress methode, it is just another release of these mod.
If you use the right version of the mod for your Rimworld version, you should report that to the mod author.
And about the CSteamworks.dll , maybe that mod want access some steam services.
But who knows.

Valmone

Strangely, I have use same mod before and after restore my computer, with A19

A friend use same mod on A19, and he had no probleme.
I will continue to look on the side of my computer, I'll let you know (and vice versa, I hope ^^)

Thanks for the help received

Valmone

Wow
I have find a new clue. I have reinstall rimworld v1 with the mod EdBPrepareCarefully. When re-starting after activating mod, rimworld disappears and 2 minutes later reappear with the mod enable.
So I add Moody mod in the folder (not yet enable), but now impossible to start Rimworld, it's crash automatically.

Moody mod can't effect this, because it is not enable, and how why EdBPrepareCarefully mod, because the game had restart ???

Canute

QuoteMoody mod can't effect this, because it is not enable,
So far i know, rimworld scan all mods at the mods folder.
Sure it don't load all files, but at last it loads the things from about.
That's why it take a bit longer if you don'e enable mods, but have tons of them in the mods folder.

I don't notice this behaviour with EdB PC, you are sure you use the right version ?
But i never used Moody, so i can't say anything about that.