A Compare button

Started by dritter, July 06, 2018, 05:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dritter

I've only really skimmed, but I hadn't seen anybody ask for something like this, which, if anyone hasn't, kind of blows my mind, but what about a compare button?

When I want to compare two weapons, its really obnoxious to have to look at the stats of one, then, exit that menu, move over to the next, look at that weapons stats, then worry I misremebered what the stats were of the first weapon, then have to repeat the process.  It would be incredibly useful to be able to just click a weapon, click a "Compare to:" button, and then see both weapons stats.  It would be amazing if this was implemented for armor too, but if I had to take one, it would definitely be weapons.

I know the wiki exists, and I could use that, but personally, I find it kind of annoying to have to use a 3rd party source to get that info and make it easier.  Not a dig at Tynan because hes done such an amazing job with the game and has added so much stuff, but it just feels like something like a compare button should be in the game.  I can see how it would be overlooked though.  Its more of a convenience thing, it would save me, and I think a lot of others a lot of hassle, but its not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.

mndfreeze

Quote from: dritter on July 06, 2018, 05:03:43 PM
I've only really skimmed, but I hadn't seen anybody ask for something like this, which, if anyone hasn't, kind of blows my mind, but what about a compare button?

When I want to compare two weapons, its really obnoxious to have to look at the stats of one, then, exit that menu, move over to the next, look at that weapons stats, then worry I misremebered what the stats were of the first weapon, then have to repeat the process.  It would be incredibly useful to be able to just click a weapon, click a "Compare to:" button, and then see both weapons stats.  It would be amazing if this was implemented for armor too, but if I had to take one, it would definitely be weapons.

I know the wiki exists, and I could use that, but personally, I find it kind of annoying to have to use a 3rd party source to get that info and make it easier.  Not a dig at Tynan because hes done such an amazing job with the game and has added so much stuff, but it just feels like something like a compare button should be in the game.  I can see how it would be overlooked though.  Its more of a convenience thing, it would save me, and I think a lot of others a lot of hassle, but its not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.

It's even worse when you are trying to compare a weapon thats equipped on a pawn to one on the ground, or in another pawns inventory.  So many menu clicks in and out, and like you, I do NOT have a photographic memory and end up having to go back and forth so many times lolol.  I write them down sometimes on a notepad because it got so tedious but was so important for harder difficulties/scenarios in the early game where a few squares of range or dps could be a restart or a win.