[B18] BetterMiniMap Extended

Started by MaxZiCode, July 07, 2018, 02:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxZiCode

This mod is no longer updated. The new version is here.

Description
This mod include the modified original BetterMiniMap mod and new features.
Compatible with all mods, except original BetterMiniMap.

Objects seeker
Objects seeker is easy way to find any object on the map.

Instruction:
Features:
  • Shows objects as large notable points

• Marks objects on a map with circles

• Don't shows objects in fog(unexplored area)
  • Contains a lot of categories:
    • "Buildings" contains walls, compacted resources, tables, furniture, etc.
    • "Terrains" contains all kinds of terrains on a map.
    • "Plants" contains all kinds of plants on a map.
    • "Pawns" contains all living pawns on a map.
    • "Corpses" contains all corpses on surface. Also you can see the time to rotting corpses in this category. If there are many corpses of some kind of animal, this shows the shortest time until rotting.
    • "Other" contains... other.
  • The Update button updates all object locations. Updating occurs only with this button
  • The Clear button clears all points of a search object on the minimap and a map

Features of the original mod:
  • Overlays for the following: Areas, Buildings, Colonists, Mining, Noncolonists, Power Grid, Ships, Terrain, and Wildlife
  • Forced overlays exist for viewpoint and fog.
  • F8 can show/hide the minimap
  • F9 can show/hide the minimap controls
  • Mouse wheel over minimap for zoom
  • Minimap will hide when in world tab
  • Minimap will hide when in Fluffy's Relationship Tab
  • Minimap will hide when in ResearchPal
  • Customizable colors for indicators and other overlays

Translations
  • English
  • Russian

Installation instructions
  • Unzip BMME_v#####.zip to "RimWorld\Mods" folder
  • Activate mod in RimWorld

Warning
Don't use BetterMiniMap Extended and BetterMiniMap together!

Credits
  • Why_Is_That for the original mod
  • Common Core Library for the initial overlays
  • Brrainz and DoctorVanGogh for help reworking terrain overlay.
  • Xen for helping with terrain color selection (deprecated feature).
  • KiameV for ColorPicker.
  • Pardeike/Brrainz for amazing non-destructive patching library, Harmony.

ChangeLog
v0.18.0.3
*Changed default colors and sizes of indicators and overlays.
*Changed the terrain overlay look.
*The mod options have the option to disable fog on the minimap.
*Predator wildlife have another color, unlike non-predator wildlife.
*Bug fixes.
v0.18.0.2
* Updated UI.
* Added corpses category.
* Now objects mark with circles on a map.
* Bug fixes.
v0.18.0.1 - the release

Heni

I like very much your idea, but i feel a bit cheat... Can you do this to work as an satelite building, that after you construct, this building will show the stuff on the minimap, will be more realistic. (sorry my english)

MaxZiCode

Quote from: Heni on July 07, 2018, 10:44:40 PM
I like very much your idea, but i feel a bit cheat... Can you do this to work as an satelite building, that after you construct, this building will show the stuff on the minimap, will be more realistic. (sorry my english)

I think this is not cheating. Because the mod shows only visible objects, which you can searching yourself. I don't like spend time searching for objects. And I made this mod.

CJoker3221

Yes! I can definitely say that I'll be the first to commend and appreciate this mod for the ability to SEARCH THE DANG MAP! Especially for wild healroots (Playing on HCSK, with seedsplease.) 10/10!
Edit: Noticed that 'wildlife marked for hunt' can't change color...might be the first issue?

fivepennies

Is there a keyboard shortcut to disappear the map? I don't have a lot of screen real estate, even after making the map as small as possible. Love the mod!!!

ultra4

;D 1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0  1.0 ;D

MaxZiCode

Quote from: fivepennies on July 11, 2018, 01:25:43 PM
Is there a keyboard shortcut to disappear the map? I don't have a lot of screen real estate, even after making the map as small as possible. Love the mod!!!
Sure. This was realized in the original mod. I added the description of features of the original mod in the main message.
Features of the original mod:
Overlays for the following: Areas, Buildings, Colonists, Mining, Noncolonists, Power Grid, Ships, Terrain, and Wildlife
Forced overlays exist for viewpoint and fog.
F8 can show/hide the minimap
F9 can show/hide the minimap controls
Mouse wheel over minimap for zoom
Minimap will hide when in world tab
Minimap will hide when in Fluffy's Relationship Tab
Minimap will hide when in ResearchPal
Customizable colors for indicators and other overlays

Quote from: CJoker3221 on July 09, 2018, 12:29:46 AM
Edit: Noticed that 'wildlife marked for hunt' can't change color...might be the first issue?
Right, this is one of issues of the original mod. I'll try to fix this in the next version (v0.18.0.2).

About 1.0. I make this mod for HSK modpack primarily. And I am planning to update the mod for 1.0 only when there will be official release.

CJoker3221

Oh my, you're making this exclusively for HSCK? Well, I think we'll get along nicely. I've been advertising this mod on their Discord. So far, me and another really liking it!

Jdalt40

Hey MaxZiCode, just wondering. Have you given the original author (Why_Is_That) credits and requested to use his work to deriviate from it? Just wondering since it's generally a policy to give credit to those who started the mod, and I don't see any credit in the description to the original author's work, only a link included.

MaxZiCode

Quote from: Jdalt40 on July 14, 2018, 01:01:50 AM
Hey MaxZiCode, just wondering. Have you given the original author (Why_Is_That) credits and requested to use his work to deriviate from it? Just wondering since it's generally a policy to give credit to those who started the mod, and I don't see any credit in the description to the original author's work, only a link included.
Before I started to create the mod, I readed the license of the original mod (on GitHub). The license have no points where written, that I must to give the original author a request to use his work. And I didn't do it.

Jdalt40

I do believe so that it is common curtesy to still provide credit to the original author and not change third party credits. However, it does seem that this hasn't been carried out to your best ability, even though it is their work that you are deriviating from.

This may also break the license this mod is under also by modifying third party credits.

Ramsis

If you use someone else's work in any capacity the expectation is that you will still honor them via credits..
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

MaxZiCode

Quote from: Ramsis on July 17, 2018, 09:22:54 AM
If you use someone else's work in any capacity the expectation is that you will still honor them via credits..
I agree with that. Credits added to description.

Version 0.18.0.2 has released!
Changelog:
* Updated UI
* Added corpses category. It is useful to find corpses for stealing from predators :D
* Now objects mark with circles on a map. Searching become more simple!
Fixes:
* Minimap doesn't become gray. This was happening in some cases.
* Color select for wild animals works correctly.

DoctorVanGogh

Let's try again, shall we?

[...]

Copyright (c) 2017 Aaron C Robinson

[...]

The above copyright notice [...] shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

CJoker3221

Thanks for the update! Glad to see you're doing a wonderful job with the mod c: