About putting conduit in corners

Started by Golden, July 07, 2018, 06:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden

Is it supposed to be impossible to place electrical conduit into the inside corners of smoothed stone walls when they cannot be reached from the outside, for example inside hills/mountains?  I can place them no problem in stone block walls, but not in the new smoothed stone versions.  If I want to keep the stone there, I have to mine out a square next to the corner, let the conduit be placed, and then replace it with the stone block wall.

Please, is this intended or just an oversight in the new smoothed stone walls?

Oblitus

Replace Stuff fixes a lot of derp moments with construction, including this.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40701

Golden

Agreed, but this was in place in 18 and earlier for any of the constructed walls.  I don't see why it shouldn't be in 1.0 without having to use another mod, no offense intended to the creators.  :)  I would just like to know if it is intended to stay this way.

mndfreeze

Yeah, we need to be able to smooth corner pieces in walls as well.  I end up having to mine out a piece of smoothed wall in the center corner of 4 bedrooms to run power line through and its obnoxious to my poor visual OCD when the smoothed stuff looks nice then a random block has to be rebuilt in bricks because of mining required to get to the corner piece.

DariusWolfe

Replace Stuff for 1.0 is also still kind of broken; See the last couple of comments in the release thread Oblitus linked.