Ice sheet in permadeath mode. Extreme difficulty. Randy random.

Started by Skryabin, July 07, 2018, 07:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryabin

First Short Report by Strapping.

It is 19th day on the planet. Outdoors -30C. The colony is barely alive struggling mainly with absence of food and warm clothes. There are no animals around (one rabbit was killed a long time ago). Poor dog pet was slaughtered for nothing: its meat was flying away together with our first harvest of rice, which is growing so slow on this gravel inside the living room: a hurricane took it all destroying furniture, cooking and butcher tables, outside doors and almost killing Lindsy, who spent in the bed all next week. Immediately after that almost everyone got a flu so not much work could be done. Starvation has weakened everyone to exhaustion. And then there was a scary raid of 7 criminals. Only me and Sammy where able to fight (with no defenses at all at that time), and it seemed like the end of the story. But by some miracle 4 bandits were down and colony survived. The only one colonist who was able to walk was me and... we started to eat those killed bandits to survive. I could not even prepare their meat on butcher table, because I am incapable of cooking at all. So we were just eating their cold flesh as is. Those where very dark days, major break risks became a routine in the community since then. But at that moment that scary raid literally saved our lives.
   There are two meals left at the moment and about 2 kg of human meat (for 4 colonists). We started to plant our first hydroponics basins though and the harvest of potatoes and strawberries is coming. And as I was writing this, a cargo pod delivered 6 survival meals near by!!! All this suppose to give us some hope? But I am in a very bad mood and I doubt we will survive this coming winter...

Skryabin

First Short Report by Berg.

Our 27th and probably the last day on this planet! We all gonna die today!!! I do not understand why Strapping makes all the decisions? Because he is the only one who has a rifle??? It is because of his poor planning we lost all our plants in the upper room during the Solar Flare - all our beautiful potato and strawberry plans got frozen being almost ready to harvest!!! What a disaster!!! Those in the living room where just starting so it was not a big deal, but all those in the upper room... I can not forget it! And now, when we have only 6 meals left for 5 colonists, he decides to accept another one, who is chased by 8 pirates! 4 of them are armed with machine pistols, one with a rifle, one with autopistol and 2 with knifes! And we have only one rifle and two pistols!!! There is no way they are going to repel this attack! We all gonna die today!!! I am just hiding in my room, because I can't stand ANY violence! I have only one thought in my mind now: if somehow we survive this hell, we must elect someone wise to be a head of our colony!!! But if we do not survive, - remember, the reader: this was Strapping's fault!

Skryabin

Second Short Report by Strapping.

Day 46. 2nd day of spring. We are still alive and our chances to survive are increasing. Soon after we successfully defeated our enemies (4 where killed and 4 starred to flee), poor Berg died from plague. We thought we going to start eating human flesh again, but fortunately 6 manhunting wargs came and saved our winter. In addition we managed to hunt down a thrumbo, who's meat is still stored in our outside "refrigerator". We reinstalled all hydroponic basins into living room and they are giving us enough rice and some healroots. Samanta became my fiance and we are getting ready for wedding. She even made me a superior parka from warg fur! For about four days we have been staying indoors because of toxic fallout and improving our living space. We have another colonist named Hicks and a prisoner. I do not think we can feed more then 6 people now, so I am thinking about how to send him away. We are still barely recovered from the nightmare of our first days and to be realistic we can't rely on our food reserve. But... there is defenetly hope in our eyes now!

Skryabin

HELP REQUEST BY STRAPPING!!!

Day 69. We got in trouble. Everything what happened to us before is nothing in comparison to this deadly threat. An ancient ship part (psychic) landed inside our base. We were stupid enough to attack it and now we are trapped indoors. One colonist is already dead. There is no way we can fight against those horrible creatures with one rifle and a couple of old pistols. We are lucky to have a lot of food inside, but we can't stay here forever. If something happens with our power system outside we will not be able to repair it.

The only thought I have is to pack a caravan at the spot indicated with red cross and leave this base to near by location or even travel south to warmer place... but I never traveled in caravan before and do not know if we will be able to escape this way. Therefore I ask everyone who can hear me for HELP!!! Please, advise: should we try to leave or there is some other way we can be saved?

Kirby23590

Were you able to stop the mechanoids horrible creatures?

Maybe leave the area until help or some raiders arrive to deal with the creature problem.

Please continue ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Skryabin

First Short Report by Phantum.

Day 71. I woke up in the middle of the night with terrible headache after my mental break (tantrum) and I was sorry to find out that Sammy is affected by it right now: he is going crazy braking everything on his way. Lindcy in a medical bed with a mental breack (catatonic) as well. I remember yesterday we were forming a caravan to escape those mechanoids guarding their ship part in our yard, but Lindsy went crazy and then I lost it also to this psychic attack. Strapping and his wife Samantha are not here - they probably left leaving us behind... and I do not blame them for that. I hope they went to the same destination as we planned it yesterday morning, because I am leaving right now. I feel sorry for Sammy and Lindcy, but I also feel if I stay for another hour this more powerful psychic drone will kill me. I grabbed as much food as I could and I am leaving this deadly place hoping to find Strapping and Samantha...

Skryabin

First Short Report by Lyndsy.

Day 81. I feel very bad and lonely. The mechanoids are destroyed by travelers, but at what cost: 12 dead bodies scattered all over our base and this drives me crazy. Using frag granedes I found on one of the bodies, I managed to destroy the ship part. So many things happened. We spent about 10 days in our new settlement up North and we were attacked there by Scyther, which killed Strapping's wife Samantha. And then another raid. Some of us were killed and some lost their mind... Now there are only 2 colonists alive: me (at our main base) and Strapping (at the north settlement). He is sick and do not want to take risks of traveling before he feels better. But he must hurry, winter is coming - it is 8th of Fall...

Skryabin

Last Report from Strapping.

Day 91. I am shot by a Scyther. I am writing this and I feel like life is leaving my body. We failed, this colony is going to be destroyed... His pod landed again in the middle of our base, avoiding our traps and defenses... And we lost... we lost this fight...

THE END

Thanx for reading!  :'(