Bonded animal starving as master is away?

Started by Bobisme, July 06, 2018, 01:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

One of my pawns is in another settlement at the moment, he's been there for a few weeks.
His bonded pet, in another settlement, now just wanders, ignoring set zones, has almost no rest and barely eats.
Is it associated to the bond? am i going to have to send the pawn back to the other settlement?  to 'bring his animal back to life' pretty cool if it is associated to bonded master being away, though don't want to 'pay' for the pawn to go home only to find it didn't 'reflect'
:)

vzoxz0

It would have been nice to know what animal it is, what version of RW, ... whatever else you can think of. How many colonies do you have total? What's the chronology of events?

I have never seen anything like this in my bonded animals.

Snafu_RW

Quote from: vzoxz0 on July 06, 2018, 04:09:20 PM
It would have been nice to know what animal it is, what version of RW, ... whatever else you can think of. How many colonies do you have total? What's the chronology of events?

Apologies for the semi-hijack of this thread, but I have related queries WRT bonding/taming:

• If an initial default (eg crashlanded) starting colonist has incapable medic/animal handling trait, how would their starting animal be bonded? Similar for other scenarios (eg lone explorer or whatever it's called now). Trivial text fix?
  • If <pet/wild> bonds to a (doctor, could be any pawn) with 'incapable' or <below boundary for that animal type> handling, how will the 'wildness' degeneration progress, & with what result?
  • How does <wildness> of an animal degenerate WRT its bondmate? Does food (ie training) play a part? Expand this to non-bonded (but tame/domesticated) animals

• If <player> lands a selection of pawns & animals using the default 'create scenario' tool, how would the above (miniscule) chance be <ahem!> handled?
  • 'Animals join' event needs to take such things into account, despite most experienced players using them as free meat/hides/WHY

Dom 8-)

Bobisme

I have 2 settlements, the pawn was setting up the second. The animal was a boar, i sent him back and the animal became fine again, though it wandered it self into starvation before hand. They both went back to the new place n all is well. Unsure on the lead up in events, there was plenty of food the boar could have eaten so it was not wandering for food, and the boar was set to an animal area though it ignored the 'order'
i am using version b18 atm :)

Oblitus

Quote from: Snafu_RW on July 06, 2018, 07:25:39 PM
If an initial default (eg crashlanded) starting colonist has incapable medic/animal handling trait, how would their starting animal be bonded?
Nuzzling can lead to bonding too.