Make recreational drugs more important

Started by Crow_T, July 11, 2018, 09:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow_T

I pretty much play with drugs restricted, and I'm not sure of a reason why you wouldn't. My guess is if these were IRL people in this situation a matter of utmost importance would be to find a way to get all @#$%ed up. I really can't think of a clever system tbh, but it'd be fun to see recreational substance abuse become a bit more important to colonist life. Some ideas:

Some colonists get a mood debuff like "boring party" if a party doesn't include drugs or alcohol.

Have a system where colonists have different affinities for drugs to fulfill recreation needs. Some colonists are OK with a beer or two once in a while, or even tea, whereas others will continue to have recreation tank until they get wasted. Even more sober colonists will want to let loose once in a while though, the recreation loss will just be at a slower rate.

Have mood debuffs like "could use a beer" that could go away after a few days or after a beer.

vOv maybe I'll just let loose and let my pawns have at it for fun...

(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Jibbles

I think they get a bigger mood bonus than previous versions.  I could be wrong tho.
I'd usually lock down on drug use and just do it manually for poor moods early game. 
I'll remove drug restrictions when things start to smooth out. (greenhouse, acquired some colonists, decent amount of food). Feels a bit more organic when you see pawns sit down with a beer and smoke a joint all on their own. 

AileTheAlien

bobucles

But drugs are already great. Pawns who are always high never break, except to get more drugs.