[Mod request] Event: Neighbors Moving In.

Started by GIFShinobi, July 13, 2018, 02:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIFShinobi

A Mod event where a group of another settlers decides to make a base on the same map as you. While their building their base they can steal from you and you can do the same if there was a chance. Also you can have a choice to keep them as allies or make them an enemy.

I you do become enemies with your neighbor. They don't attack you at all. Instead they call on their allies that hates you to attack you right away.

Ruisuki

Thats very cool. I would love to have some competition

GIFShinobi

Right? It would spice up the game by being more cautious of the resources around you and some other funny fun stuff that I can't think of at the moment.

Canute

The problem i see, the AI isn't capable to design own structures (yet).
So you will need some predefined pattern for different neighbors group sizes.
Same for hunting,growting and ownership of map items.
The neightbors are neutral, nothing prevent you to haul their resources to you, and they will starve soon or later.

To realize this it will need alot more work, just to send in some neutral pawn's.

And honestly, the game don't allow you to settle close to another outpost, why does the AI should be allowed.
And when you really want to settle and don't seek a conflict you wouldn't settle that close.

GIFShinobi

You can always input something that will force the Neighbor AI to start their base at a certain distance from the player. :3 But the thing is that it's not impossible and it sounds kinda awesome. One day maybe a super skilled modder would be able to do it.

Ruisuki

would be nice if an event was added where raiders that defeated your colony could claim it for their own. then it slowly becomes a raider outpost over time. Excellent reason to wait for a wanderer joins or sent out folks from secondary colonies on a war for reclamation. Then make reclamation day a holiday lol.

It doesnt have to be raiders, random visitors passing through an abandoned base would work too, if you are already destroyed by weather or starvation. Seems like itd be more feasible if dual civilizations cant exist in one tile.

GIFShinobi

That would sound really fun. Makes me want to move into a place that's occupied by another faction.