[1]unstable Fabrication bench cost

Started by MisterTim, July 14, 2018, 12:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterTim

Ummm the Fabrication bench used for creating advanced components cost 2 advanced components as part of the build cost.
So you need 2 of the things you don't have which is why your trying to build it. Please tell me this is a bug or over sight.

Ser Kitteh

Buy them from traders or destroy psychic ships.

Broken Reality

It is intended. Poison/psychic ships drop them and they are often in Ancient Dangers. Then there are traders. Not that bad honestly. I have 5 in my current game and I haven't even got the research for it yet, I am tribal though.

MisterTim

Are there any other items/resources I should be looking for on traders to stockpile that I will need later in game?

Broken Reality

The usuals, components, plasteel, uranium (if you want to use sniper turrets they use it as ammo now).

erdrik

Gold too.
Or at least it was in the previous beta versions.
I dunno if 1.0 changed what requires gold.

Sirsir

Gold is required for the multianalyzer and ADV components, so yes add gold to the list

Broken Reality

Yeah gold is needed but you don't need much of it. Unlike the others which you need all you can get most of the time.

XeoNovaDan

Ancient danger cryptosleep casket pawns tend to carry gold on them, so that basically negates the gold cost too. Just remember to actually strip them to be able to get your hands on the stuff.

zizard

Btw RNG gating doesn't count as story telling

Ser Kitteh

Quote from: zizard on July 14, 2018, 06:30:08 PM

This is such a broad statement that it loses any and all meaning it has.

The requirement for adv. components are fine as it is in 1.0.

Oblitus

It's not really RNG gated. Outlander bases always have some in stock.

Sirsir

Actually it does. It doesn't count as game balance, and fortunately it doesn't exist since you can literally go buy some.

Broken Reality

Hmm there are multiple ways to get them that is hardly RNG gated. Open and Ancient Danger and boom gold and adv components (also guns and armour if the people in the caskets are hostile). You can literally call a trader in on demand and buy some off of them if you make the effort to ally with an outworlder faction. How is that RNG?

selmephren

I have yet to see a trader come walking around with advanced components.