Need something like haul urgently for QOL

Started by dritter, July 16, 2018, 05:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dritter

Honestly, playing Rimworld 1.0 without the allow tool has made me fully realize just how convenient, or, even necessary something like haul urgently is.  I can't tell you how many times my devilstrand has been ready to harvest in the middle of a rainstorm so my pawns will harvest it but then it will be left outside in the rain unless i que up all my haulers to bring it all in which is immensely tedious.  Haul urgently completely eliminated that problem.  In vanilla by the time they have hauled it all in it will have taken like 10-20 points of damage and will have lost a lot of value and its really annoying.

bobucles

Hauling items into storage should simply be the preferred mode of operation for haulers. The only reason to manage a stockpile is to handle important or critical hauls, and ONLY if the stockpile is low enough to justify a haul. Moving 3 potatoes across a map into a hopper every 3 seconds is not a justified haul. Organizing storage is not important and pawns shouldn't care until they have spare time.

Serenity

Agreed. It's such a simple solution to the problem

Namsan

I second that, micromanaging colonists to haul things with right click is very tedious.
Hello

5thHorseman

I was surprised when I started playing 1.0 with no mods so I could report bugs, when "haul urgently" wasn't there. For a few moments I wondered why they'd removed it :D
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

mcduff

Based on what gets split out in "work tab" it looks as if there's just no way for a pawn to distinguish between a stone chunk you want moving out of a corridor at some point and a pile of corn you need to move into your freezer before it rots. There should really be a system where pawns can figure out that leaving harvested stuff on the floor is bad.

bobucles

Getting pawns to focus on a task is as easy as forbidding the unimportant stuff that they shouldn't do. The problem is that you have to forbid the ENTIRE base before they'll go out and haul things that matter.

Emulsion

+1 for urgent hauling! Can't count the times I'd have needed it.

Koek

Remember to not give your pawns too much too do. Small projects are key to keep everything running smooth and the occasional forced haul or clean shouldn't be a problem.