[1.0] Medieval Madness - Tools of the Trade.

Started by Madman666, September 16, 2019, 07:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

My first full-fledged mod for Rimworld - Medieval Madness: Tools of the Trade is a part of planned Medieval Madness modpack that adds over 50 melee and ranged weapons to Rimworld. From peasant scythes and sickles to heavy zweihanders and morning stars, from slings and throwing nets to heavy siege crossbows and composite longbows. If you think that this game could use more medieval weapon variety this mod is definitely for you.

Most weapons require research and some exotic ones can only be dropped by enemies and rewarded for completing quests or raiding item stashes. Peasant tier tools and most ranged weapons can be crafted on a single new workbench this mod adds - all purpose crafting workbench. Most weapons can be made of any material that does make at least a little bit of sense.

Currently only melee pirates have access to new weapons, as tribes are a bit too primitive for them. Later medieval factions will be introduced.

My current plans for Medieval Madness mod pack is to be a spiritual successor of magnificent mod by Vindar - "Medieval Times", which will be as modular as it can, so you can install only the parts you really want in your game. Eventually i ll add medieval armors and apparel, medieval factions to fight, security buildings to fend off enemies, a bit of food and production for roleplaying purposes, medieval decor, walls, floors and many other things. I am very limited by my lack of free time and nonexistent c# skills, my plans may change, but for now this is how it is.

This mod is pretty simple xml weapon mod, so it won't conflict with anything, aside from CE. However it does use custom weapon tags, so new weapons will only spawn on patched factions (i ll be slowly making patches for most popular faction mods). Feel free to suggest faction mods to patch in "Patch this!" thread or here in comments.

Can be added mid play and also removed. It will throw red error upon removal, but after that should work just fine.

For those who like medieval setting as much as i do, i recommend several awesome mods that fit well for it:
- Gloomy's furniture (medieval aesthetic, furniture, benches)
- Rimkea (rustik style furniture, beds)
- Dual wielding (cool melee options)
- Simple Sidearms (for having that dagger equipped along with a bow)
- Giddy Up Battle Mounts (cavalry options)
- Extended Storage (shelves and baskets for storehouses)
- Apparello 2 (more apparel variety)
- Vegetable Garden Project (foods, drinks)
- Vanilla Factions Expanded - Medieval (an amazing core for any medieval run)
- Vanilla Furniture Extended Security (catapults, barricades, ballistas)

Combat Extended - don't plan on a patch, sorry.
Medieval Times (not a hard incompatibility, just lots of duplicate recipes) - don't plan on a patch.
Please report any new incompatibility, so i can add them to the list and deal with them eventually.

I like medieval weapons and i tried to add as much of them as i could, but i can't cover the all. If you have an idea of a cool weapon that fits medieval theme, that isn't there - please post in "Add a weapon!" thread on Steam, or here and i might add it to my weapon to do list.

I can be incredibly hasty and can screw up even a simple xml mod, so please report any errors, missing\broken art, if something doesn't craft\spawn on enemies, etc in BUGS thread on Steam or just in this thread. I ll look into it as soon as i can.

Art, xml coding, ideas, descriptions, sounds - by Madman666.
Special thanks to
Vindar - for amazing Medieval Times mod and massive inspiration source.
Trunken - for help with testing, art and sound hints and generally being a good friend.
Edmund Wulfgarth - advice for artwork.
Dubwise - for helping me to not suck @$$ at spriting, adjusting audio and also teaching me c# stuff.
Pardeike for his non-destructive Harmony package.
Jecrell and other contributors, responsible for JecsTools modding library.
Without the help of these amazing people this mod wouldn't be here.

Steam link: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1851407975
Latest Release link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lAR3abHoWfH5XGVRudUrFmMBNcoRlXW6

Madman666

FosterKicks

Posting for future updates. Downloading right now

Madman666

Jeez, i forgot to update the google disk file. I ve just updated it, so you ll have to redownload it. Mostly compatibility fixes with popular stuff like Vanilla Expanded Factions - Medieval and several other faction mods, like Iron Alliance from "Mercenary for me".

FosterKicks

Ah, no worries. I'll just download it again. Thanks for telling