[1.0] Gen-spliced Xenohumans

Started by Albion, July 17, 2018, 11:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

Is there a playable alpha version, progress or any updates?

I love the Soldiermorphs here being more focused on Combat duties or being Haulers for a while until Cyrosleep research is made...

This Post was kinda getting buried in the second page... But i still want to know if this mod is still in the works as I'm a advocate of the Xenohumans of the Rims. ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Albion

Unfortunately I don't have a publishable version yet. I'm still waiting for some textures for the scalemen and some additional textures for wolfmen heads.
I need to create some more stuff to get everything running. I hope to release an almost finished version by the end of January at the latest.

Albion

I had some time to continue working on this mod and I rebalanced the races slightly.
Additionally I scrapped the tallmen and shortmen. They just weren't that interesting and I didn't want to simply create dwarves and elves. I feel like the remaining 4 races are interesting enough on their own.
Here is the current rebalanced stat-sheet (I also updated the first post with these stats):

Soldiermorphs
Engineered soldiers to maximize combat effectivness. Backgrounds will be limited to violent one like vat-grown soldier, assassins, other soldiers...
Pain factor x0.8
Does not get negative mood from pain
Hungerrate x0.8
Health scale x1.2
Life expectancy 25 years
ShootingAccuracyPawn +2
ResearchSpeed -0.5
GlobalLearningFactor x0.7
ImmunityGainSpeed x1.2

Designermates
Engineered to be perfect mates. Also includes their descendants. Backgrounds will be limited to various civil and slave backgrounds like pop idol, prostitute, recruiter...
Always has the trait Beautiful, 50% chance for trait Kind
Pain factor x1.4
RecruitPrisonerChance +0.2
SocialImpact +0.2
DiplomacyPower +0.2
PsychicSensitivity +0.2

Wolfman
Adapted to cold biomes this human has a thick fur as well as impressive teeth and claws. Backgrounds limited to various violent tribal and raider backgrounds.
50% has trait bloodlust, 25% chance for Abrasive
light natural armor against blunt and sharp
min comfortable temp -14°C (compared to +16°C for normal humans)
Increased damage with natural weapons (in between normal humans and wargs)
Hunger rate x1.2
TameAnimalChance -0.05
TrainAnimalChance +0.15
MentalBreakThreshold -0.08

Scaleman
Adapted to hot biomes with a leathery thick skin and lower food consumption.
Max comfortable temp 46°C (26°C normal)
Hunger rate x0.8
Natural armor
Tiredness x1.3
ToxicSensitivity x1.5
MoveSpeed 4.2 (down from 4.6)
LeatherAmount 60 (up from 50)

I'm currently in the pre-alpha stage. I'll do some testing in the next few days to get the mod ready for an alpha release. There are also some graphical issues to deal with and I'm still waiting on the artist to create side and back views of the scalemen head plus some more bodytypes. I hope to get it ready soon though, so you can get a sneak peek at the mod.

Kirby23590

Cool! Glad that you're in the pre-alpha stage now...

Kind of a Bummer that you scrapped the Tallmen and Dwarves.

The Dwarves could have stayed with their own things like they always have the Undergrounder Trait and their short sizes being hard to hit similar to attacking manhunting squirrels with ranged weapons thanks to their short size, or having them being better at mining and construction as they emphasize in building or living in a underground or mountain colony... Really a shame for the Gravity Dwarves... :(

Kinda agree that making Tallmen to be interesting on their own is kinda tough to make though...

Namsan

Wow, It's nice to hear you are still working on your mod!
I wanted to see gravity dwarves, though.
Hello

Albion

I'm closing in on the finish line for the demo version.
I got most of the stuff running and am currently waiting on additional sprites for the heads of the wolfmen and scalemen.
Expect a release by the end of next week.
The demo version will not include seperate backstories for the soldiermorph. It's quite a bit of busywork to come up with some so I didn't do it for now.

In other news: Chickenplucker made an awesome preview image for the mod.

Smexy_Vampire

looking some kinda nice :P im going to add this to my mad siance run

Kirby23590

Congratulations going close to the demo version, I Can't wait!

I love to get my hands on the Soldiermorphs in my colonies to help fend off in raids or attacking outposts... Looking forward into the Xenohumans coming into the rims! ;D

Albion

So here is the current version of the Xenohumans mod for download via Dropbox.
You need both the Alien Races Framework and Jectools for the mod to work.

Please note that it is not yet completly finished. The mod is still missing the custom backstories for the soldiermorphs and additional head textures for the scalemen and wolfmen.
I expect to release the finished version in 1-2 weeks.

Please report any errors and issues you encounter.

Kirby23590

Just downloaded the mod as it all works fine...

However i do have to report an error...

There is something strange with the alignment and the size of the graphics of the Wolfmen, when compared to the Normal Humans, and other Xenohumans such as Soldiermorphs and the Scalemen...

It's a bit minor, but it just looks weird as the torso of the Wolfmen is much larger than their clothes and their heads are misaligned...

However the Aside from that, I'm loving this mod! Keep up the good work! ;D

Albion

Yeah, I'm working on the issue. There are still some missalignments and wrong bodysizes that need to be looked at.
There is a reason why it's not the final release :D

Albion

I adjusted the alignment of the textures and updated the downloadable file you can find on my Dropbox.
Once you re-downloaded the file simply paste and replace your local version. It should override without issues.
Please let me know if you encounter any other issues.

Kirby23590

I did encountered some minor stuff, like...

Soldiermorphs are bothered by Observed Corpses and Witnessing Outsider Deaths and get Mood Debuffs from them, even though Soldiers will get used to seeing death happening around them... And sometimes some of them can Spawn with the Wimp Trait...

I also realized when made a wolfman go in a social fight, wounds that the wolfman made is often dire and kind of scary at the same time... Since the second opponent will often have wounds that are fatal and slowly bleeding to death... I have tested this with an regular human and than another wolfman...

If there was <maxDamageForSocialfight> for the wolfmen and is set to a lower number like 6 or something less or 7... Then it's the damage done in social fights are less scary... But you can keep it since it might be what they are... ;)

So far... It's looking great! :D

Albion

Well, you're right.
I reduced the damage for social fights to 6. The wounds will still hurt since the damage is sharp instead of blunt but not as much.
The solidermorphs got the Witnessed outsider death thought removed but not the observed corpse. Trauma of war is still a thing even for people breed for war.
I also removed the wimp trait for them. Additionally I removed the following traits for them: Kind, Too smart, Great memory and Gourmand.
The changes will only affect newly spawned soldiermorphs.

You can download the latest version from my Dropbox.

XeoNovaDan

Hey, is compability with Combat Extended planned?