Poor unfortunate prisoners

Started by BatCon14, July 18, 2018, 12:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BatCon14

It was pretty late game in my colony "Cooks Ridge" everything was going great I had plenty of food, resources, animals, people, and anything else that a player could dream of. My base was gigantic carved out of a mountain, defenses lined the outer wall and at choke points through the winding corridors of my base, but because of all the riches I had secure in my base it led to a lot of very large raids. The prisoner issue from all of the raids became a real issue as I was running out of space to put them. Now you're probably wondering why didn't I just not accept anymore prisoners, well I use the prison labor, door locks, and quarry mod. So I had 40+ prisoners all working in mines, growing me food, or laboring away in a quarry, and of course like any other human I got greedy so I started getting more and more prisoners so they could make me more and more profit. Well my prison became so overcrowded that there were  bodies all over the floor and people getting sick became a real issue, so I decided to build a compound. Not anything fancy but it got the job done. It had outer walls all guarded with turrets to prevent anyone getting in or out, inside the walls it had the prisoner's quarters, a control room to activate all the turrets (this control room was constantly manned with at least two people so they could turn on the turrets at a moments notice also the control room had a weapons closet with power armor and high tier weapons), the compound also had three growing fields, one quarry and 6 hungry pet wolves ready to devour any people that died there eliminating the extra effort of either burying or cremating the corpses. But one very unfortunate day a siege happened, I usually just left all my turrets off until they got tired of shelling me and decided to attack as their shells could not penetrate my mountain base. Well this was before I built the compound that was outside and in the wide open. I didn't realize this factor until it was too late, the raiders fired an incendiary shell right into the inner walls of the compound and the fire spread so fast that the door was engulfed in flames before anyone could get out. I had my colonists in the control room break through the wall and get out but since my prisoners couldn't get there because of the plasteel door in their way, I was gonna send a colonist in to open the door so my prisoners could get out, but the entire control room burst into flames as another shell hit. It was hopeless, the fire kept spreading through all the flammable raw materials I had left on the ground (I didn't have a hauler available to bring them to stockpiles) the prisoners were slowly cornered by the flames and eventually all 42 prisoners, 6 wolves, and 1 colonist were killed. The site of the old compound is still there as I haven't cleaned it up but all that's left is a single corner of the outer wall, 13 beds and part of the wall of the prisoner quarters, and the quarry where I dumped the corpses that hadn't been burned up. As I tell this story I will be filling in the quarry and the 23 corpses that weren't burned up will be buried in a sort of mass grave. Poor unfortunate prisoners.

Huskeyranger

what mod did you use for slave labour?