Recent Mod recommendations

Started by Silverye, July 18, 2018, 10:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverye

Hope you don't mind the question - but I've been away from Rimworld having taken a break from playing for 6 months, following playing it too much for the past number of years   :o 8)

I was hoping someone would be able to give me some suggestions on what new mods are a must play?  (realise there is the most popular ones ranked on Steam).

Many thanks!

Razzoriel

Proper Shotguns+Rebalanced Stagger. Danny did good with those two. Been using both, so far no huge imbalance and a great satisfaction to see low-shooting colonists hit a pellet or two of shotguns, at least.

Silverye

Quote from: Razzoriel on July 18, 2018, 10:27:42 AM
Proper Shotguns+Rebalanced Stagger. Danny did good with those two. Been using both, so far no huge imbalance and a great satisfaction to see low-shooting colonists hit a pellet or two of shotguns, at least.

Superb - many thanks  :)

Grimelord82

Numbers is one of those Quality of Life mods that makes everything easier. Compare any stats the pawns have, look at equipment, etc.

I'll second Proper Shotguns, but need to look for Rebalanced Stagger (doesn't seem to be on steam?).

Other gameplay change mods:
Hugs Lib, of course.
Simple Bulk Cooking - 4x
Simple Bulk drugs -4x
Recycling
Dub's Skylights/Hygiene/Rimfeller (haven't actually used it, yet. But I love his other so much I'll list it). These add huge complexity/options
Additional Lights
Simply More Bridges
Deep Ore Identifier
Realbeds_Easy
ED Embrasures - BIG potential gameplay effect here, despite being simple.

I wouldn't go with a whole lot more for 1.0. My b18 list is 100+mods long.

Silverye

Many thanks - will be looking to kick a new game off tomorrow. Looking forward to it after the break.

Sirsir

Silverye

Sirsir

A Dog Said (forum) and Animal Gear (steam) are basically required if you want to use animals in any real number.

Smooth Rock Walls (S) is mandatory for making mountain bases look nice. You can't smooth or run power cables into the middle of a +.

Random Plus (S) and Map Reroll (F) are good for making sure you get quality generations without strictly writing it.

Incident Person Stat (S) means you don't accept a Staggeringly Ugly Misandrist Pyro with no passions, and about 10 people on his tail.

Simple Bulk Cooking (S) and RimFridge (S) make cooking go a lot smoother.

Additional Lights (S), Path Avoid (F), StackXXL (F), are great quality of life mods in one way or another.

Fluffy Breakdowns (F) takes away the stupid non-interactive -1 Component event and replaces it with maintenance, which becomes kind of obnoxious once you get heavy into Hydroponics but you can alter it at will.

Pick Up And Haul (F) addresses the blatant hauling issues in the game. Some people think its a little broken, I think its broken that you can carry a whole elephant or... a single knife. It uses pawn carrying capacity and weight instead of just stack sizes. The cheatiest thing I've found you can do with it is cheese binges by having someone hold on to all of the relevant drugs. If that bothers you just... don't do it :P