Stopping power

Started by mndfreeze, July 20, 2018, 06:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mndfreeze

How do we know what "size" a creature is that the stopping power is effective against?  I was in a twitch stream watching someone new to the game and some of us were giving tips to help the guy out.  I mentioned the stopping power to assist in a raid situation he was in and someone chimed up that the gun wouldn't be effective at all on other pawns.  I was under the impression size 1 was a pawn, so stopping power of 1.0 means it would effectively stop/stun on hit?

Who knows in detail how the stopping power works and how we determine what size creature its effective against?  I find a lot of time choosing the right weapon for a colonist for each situation can be hard to figure out or understand with so many barely explained (or not at all) forces/calculations at work in the background. 

XeoNovaDan

In vanilla RimWorld, ranged stagger gets applied if the target's body size is less than or equal to the stopping power (or technically the stopping power + 0.001). The exact stagger duration is 95 ticks (1.583 seconds); this is regardless of whether the target's body size is equal to the stopping power, or say 20% of it. When staggered, a pawn moves at 1/6th of their normal movement speed.

mndfreeze

Is the size number listed in the information tab?  I'm at work so I can't check but I swore I looked for it and only found the weight of the creature, not the size.

erdrik

Body Size
7th entry in Stats > Basic

(since Im playing right now and can look and confirm :P )

mndfreeze