So this happened, help?

Started by skellitor301, July 18, 2018, 09:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellitor301

So I've had a recent issue with my mod setup messing up the map of the game.
Source

I've tried several times to debug and find what has been causing this issue and after 6-7 hours I've come up dry. I'm not sure what causes this bug to happen, none of the mods I have enabled I think would cause this issue, and the logs don't really help very much. So now I turn to here for help, below I'll have linked my mod list, a link to a workshop collection of the mods for ease of access, and a gist of the output log of the game when loaded into the map. Keep in mind for steam: Palisade and The Harvest currently is hidden on the workshop, Palisade I've found on the forums but The Harvest sadly I cannot find a linked copy for, so the link instead directs to the mods window in game with it's description, hopefully that can be of some help in this situation. Also the mods in the modlist that show up as incompatible are 1.0 mods, and have been reported to work with b18

Gist.github.com
Modlist image too long for post.

skellitor301

Karthas077

Putting aside the sheer volume of config errors that are thrown while your mods are loading (which implies there are several mods which are not formatted correctly for B18 compatibility), there is a large section of the error log that says that there are terrain components that are null or missing data, as well as several NullReference exceptions when generating the terrain. Some mod that either adds terrain or patches terrain generation is absolutely broken, or incompatible with another mod you have.

skellitor301

Oh btw, I found out what it was, apparently the Advanced Biomes mod is having issues, not sure about the other biomes mod so I just disabled them both and the game is working now.

AllisonIsLivid

One or the other should be fine. Just don't run multiple biome mods at once unless they're specifically patched to work together.
Living in the past, I think if I remember that I'll forget this. I know you will.