Building a door on a zone doesn't delete the zone cell

Started by 5thHorseman, July 20, 2018, 08:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thHorseman

You can't stretch a growing zone through a door, which seems reasonable. However, if you build a door over a growing zone the zone remains.

Note the growing zone goes into my comms room, which I built over the zone. I cannot however stretch it into my workshop through the door.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Canute

Not a bug, you allways could setup zone's through doors at previous versions.
Only wall seperate zones.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Canute on July 20, 2018, 08:58:27 AM
Not a bug, you allways could setup zone's through doors at previous versions.
Only wall seperate zones.

Okay then the bug is that you can't make the zones through doors now.

Door on zone = zone stays
Zone on door = no zone for you
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

Illusion Distort

How do you have a growing zone over slate flooring? In the picture attached, the growing zone next to the coms console has "non-organic" flooring.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Illusion Distort on July 21, 2018, 09:11:40 AM
How do you have a growing zone over slate flooring? In the picture attached, the growing zone next to the coms console has "non-organic" flooring.

I never use outside "flagstone" flooring so I didn't know that was impossible as well. Apparently not only can you put doors over growing zones when you shouldn't be able to, you can also put floors over them when you shouldn't be able to.

Canute

At B18 you could floor the growing zones and the growing zone keep there.
But you can't set a growing zone over floored area.
I think this behavior still happen at 1.0

Tynan

Bump.

Edit: Considering it, I'm okay with how this work. It doesn't break anything, and the alternative is to be destroying the zones the player made/breaking them up, which seems too aggressive.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog