Impossible to progress in tutorial if a colonist is 'Incapable of Violence'

Started by Jonky, July 20, 2018, 10:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonky

If you  have a colonist incapable of doing violence, when the tutorial gets to the part each one must pick up a weapon (maybe the 4th real part, not far in at all), the tutorial will just not progress. Each colonist must pick one up, the game doesn't recognise one of them is incapable of picking up a weapon.

It did make me laugh there was such a game stopping bug so quickly.

Canute

Hi,
could you just say what version you play ?
For B18 this isssue is well known and you should have used the forum search to find it.

Khalendor

markus209

I had just come on to bring this up. I'm on 0.18.1722.

The tutorial requires you to equip all your 3 colonists with weapons to progress but anyone incapable of violence can't equip a weapon so you can't progress past that point I don't think.

Injured Muffalo

The game has been substantially updated, and who knows if this exists in 1.0 builds. Don't bother with 0.18 version bug reports; they are not working on it any longer.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

markus209

Aah fair enough. My bad. I had assumed I was on the latest version as I play it through steam; I'm new to the game and hadn't realised there was the opt in beta for 1.0.

I updated and tried it again to see and I wasn't able to generate a character in the tutorial that was incapable of violence; so looks like it was fixed :) Thank you!