Neutering domestic animals

Started by Koek, July 21, 2018, 05:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koek

As the title suggests, I'd love to have the option of neutering my domestic animals so I can have a more humane way of dealing with exponential growing numbers of cats :)

edit: Just a thought that came up to me: If this is taken into consideration, might I suggest a combination of Animal Handling and Medicine to be able to perform the surgery.

Zombull

Oh yes, please. Population control is a pain.

Call me Arty

Why not just butcher the kittens for meat and lea -

Quote from: Koek on July 21, 2018, 05:34:45 AM
As the title suggests, I'd love to have the option of neutering my domestic animals so I can have a more humane way of dealing with exponential growing numbers of cats :)

edit: Just a thought that came up to me: If this is taken into consideration, might I suggest a combination of Animal Handling and Medicine to be able to perform the surgery.

- oh, I'm sorry. Well, until neutering gets added, you can try the pain-in-the-ass method of making two animal zones for male and female critters. It's better than nothing.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

jacob814

Id really like to see this implemented. I know there is a mod for this, but I'd still think this would be a simple feature to add to the vanilla game. So ya... bump
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Blato

Quote from: Koek on July 21, 2018, 05:34:45 AM

This is a great suggestion. Just yesterday I droppodded a gift of 18 husky puppies to a nearby settlement, those litters get big very quickly.

Klokkwork

Short of neutering them, why not keep a male or two in cryo-storage and just keep the females out?  Then you can pull the males out just when you want to breed more of them.  Sell or cull young males, keep the females as livestock or work animals.