Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• October 07, 2022, 06:35:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Neutering domestic animals  (Read 966 times)

Koek

• Colonist
  • Storylancer
    • View Profile
Neutering domestic animals
« on: July 21, 2018, 05:34:45 AM »

As the title suggests, I'd love to have the option of neutering my domestic animals so I can have a more humane way of dealing with exponential growing numbers of cats :)

edit: Just a thought that came up to me: If this is taken into consideration, might I suggest a combination of Animal Handling and Medicine to be able to perform the surgery.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:15:33 AM by Koek »

Zombull

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: Neutering domestic animals
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 06:53:27 AM »

Oh yes, please. Population control is a pain.

Call me Arty

• Colonist
  • Mountain Loving Over-Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 02:56:42 AM »

Why not just butcher the kittens for meat and lea -

As the title suggests, I'd love to have the option of neutering my domestic animals so I can have a more humane way of dealing with exponential growing numbers of cats :)

edit: Just a thought that came up to me: If this is taken into consideration, might I suggest a combination of Animal Handling and Medicine to be able to perform the surgery.

- oh, I'm sorry. Well, until neutering gets added, you can try the pain-in-the-ass method of making two animal zones for male and female critters. It's better than nothing.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

jacob814

• Colonist
  • Tinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 09:07:19 PM »

Id really like to see this implemented. I know there is a mod for this, but I'd still think this would be a simple feature to add to the vanilla game. So ya... bump
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Blato

• Drifter
  • No, I don't have your kidney.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 01:38:15 AM »

This is a great suggestion. Just yesterday I droppodded a gift of 18 husky puppies to a nearby settlement, those litters get big very quickly.

Klokkwork

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 11:19:56 PM »

Short of neutering them, why not keep a male or two in cryo-storage and just keep the females out?  Then you can pull the males out just when you want to breed more of them.  Sell or cull young males, keep the females as livestock or work animals.