Caravan Food Rotting Inconsistency

Started by 5thHorseman, July 22, 2018, 10:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thHorseman

I'm sending a caravan out and I'm confused by the food rotting times.

I'm sending one person with 1 Muffalo.
I take 2 lavish meals. It says I've got 3.1 days of food and it will rot in 2.7 days. Fine. I assume this is correct.
I add 75 corn. Now it says I've got 8.5 days and there is no rot time.

Why does adding corn remove the rot time of Lavish Meals? Is it just a display bug or will the food truly not rot? I expect it *should* rot, but I'm not 100% sure how I can see if it *does* rot, considering how little info I seem to be able to get out of the Caravan info screen.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

DariusWolfe

That definitely seems like a bug, considering corn does in fact rot. I've also usually seen the rot time default to the slowest rot, which can be weird for planning, so maybe a change was made there that had an unintended consequence?

m44v

I think meals do indeed rot, but since there's still corn when they do, the "rots in x days" information isn't displayed. Is only displayed when food rots and there's nothing left.

5thHorseman

Quote from: m44v on July 23, 2018, 07:16:42 PM
I think meals do indeed rot, but since there's still corn when they do, the "rots in x days" information isn't displayed. Is only displayed when food rots and there's nothing left.
Aha! I was then just misreading it as "Food will start rotting in X days."
I wish actually that it said that.
"Starts rotting in X days, all gone in Y days."
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.