Zoning should not effect manual tasks

Started by Ashe, April 13, 2019, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashe

If you're like me, you've probably had a moment where you want a pawn to do something *just* outside the zone you've set for them, and have to go switch off their zoning to have them do the task you've set out for them. That's why I think it would be a better idea if manual tasks would ignore zoning, but still give notice to the fact that it is outside their zone. So instead of a 'Can't do x (Outside of y Zone)' you would get a 'Do x (outside of y Zone)' type message.

antstar

Absolutely right. Couldn't have put it better myself. It is very annoying

Limdood

khun_poo

Agreed !

Happen to me all time in raid event. I always restricted area my colonist and animal to the safe place while draft those who can fight to the front line area.

after the fight end, only rescue and capture command outside of their allowed area still work. However, The other command for ordinary labor like hauling, repairing, etc. doesn't work .
It show the "outside of allow area" grey color and unclickable. Still it's helpful to remind me that it's outside of allowed area, but since it's my direct command, they should just go to finish the task because I will going fix your restrict area anyway.

Quote from: Ashe on April 13, 2019, 11:53:24 AM
If you're like me, you've probably had a moment where you want a pawn to do something *just* outside the zone you've set for them, and have to go switch off their zoning to have them do the task you've set out for them. That's why I think it would be a better idea if manual tasks would ignore zoning, but still give notice to the fact that it is outside their zone. So instead of a 'Can't do x (Outside of y Zone)' you would get a 'Do x (outside of y Zone)' type message.

And I love it  :D