Carrying prisoners/diseased pawns in caravan has no effect on caravan speed

Started by Illusion Distort, July 23, 2018, 06:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illusion Distort

When a caravan decides to carry one of the pawns, it should automatically focus on carrying the slowest pawn in the group.
On my test save i currently have a caravan using a bedroll to carry a colonist with 92% moving, instead of my other pawn with 16% moving. (due to food poisoning).

kemptastic

So I've noticed when taking prisoners with a caravan, downed prisoners will slow down the speed of the caravan severely and checking/unchecking the carry icon in the health tab of the caravan makes 0 difference in the overall speed. 10 dead human corpses slow the caravan less than a single downed prisoner which makes me think that the carrying function isn't working properly.

Kenneth

Caravans only carry sick pawns which have a disease of some kind, so they can get rest while moving.
Carrying has no effect on the movement speed of the caravan, the caravan movement speed is currently calculated as the average of all pawns in it.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time! :)

Tynan

I merged two related topics on this.

So I'm trying to figure out what the issue(s) are. I think it seems they are:

1. Checking/unchecking the "carry" box for downed pawns does nothing. This is expected since you have no choice about whether to carry a downed pawn. The checkbox is for diseased pawns who can walk but prefer to be carried. These pawns can't walk at all.

2. "When a caravan decides to carry one of the pawns, it should automatically focus on carrying the slowest pawn in the group." This would be bad. Carrying is not for speeding up the caravan, but for allowing sick pawns to recover from lethal illnesses and not die.

Will consider possible clarity issues around this. Thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog