Mass Capacity

Started by Syrchalis, July 23, 2018, 05:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

First, I'm talking about mass capacity, that is the weight a pawn can carry when caravaning/in their inventory, not carrying capacity (how many items they can carry when hauling).

How would one edit this value for a specific animal? The workaround-ish method would be to adjust their body size and leather/meat amount. So e.g. for Muffalo I gave it 5.0 body size and reduced leather/meat to 12/38 - this way they give the same leather/meat as before, but can carry a lot more in caravans. It's 35kg*5=175kg.

But can't I edit the mass capacity directly?
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Boartato

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36589.0

I had a hunch it was related to manipulation as well as bodysize due to having brain damaged pawns not be able to haul much.

Haven't done any of that myself, but hope it helps.
There are many mods like it, but this mod is mine.

Syrchalis

Not really, as I said this is about MASS Capacity, NOT carrying capacity. The latter you can increase with <CarryingCapacity> in <StatBases> - as well as a stat multiplier in the scenario options, which is a good idea if you're using mods that increase stack sizes.

However Mass Capacity seems to be only affected by body size. Otherwise it's fixed 35kg. And there seems to be no way to change that. You can for transport pods... but it doesn't seem that way for pack animals or pawns.

I haven't found anything with google or grep. (Grep lets me search through the XML files' content for keywords) - and mass capacity appears nowhere but the translations.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Boartato

Sorry for misreading. Worst case scenario is C# coding in new game functionality then I guess :/
There are many mods like it, but this mod is mine.

Mehni

It's tied to bodysize. 35 kg per unit of bodysize. "Hardcoded" in the MassUtility class.

Here's a mod that changes it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1428989232