New Trait: Anti-Gourmand

Started by erdrik, July 25, 2018, 01:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erdrik

Actual Trait name to be determined, but I think a trait in which the character doesn't care about the taste of the food would be an interesting counter weight to the Gourmand trait.

Nutrient Paste? Meals made from Insect Meat?
Sure. Whatever, its all fine to them. But they also don't get any positive bonus thoughts from eating fine or lavish meals, ect.. Maybe they even only get 80% of the nutrients from any give meal they eat because they are just disinterested in finishing(which ends up wasting the other 20%).

DariusWolfe

Doesn't ascetic already kind of cover this ground, though? What you're suggesting is basically a watered-down version.

erdrik

I was not aware ascetic affected food.
Does it also negate the negative thoughts from meals made with insect meat or nutrient paste?

DariusWolfe

Nutrient paste I'm fairly sure it does, as well as raw foods; Not sure about insect meat.

dragonalumni

the main thing about a gourmand is it eats 50% more food and when it goes on a binge in can eat something like 20 meals in a day, it's f-ing ridiculous.  ;D I had two in 1 colony and it went to shit because of this trait ate us out of food in the middle of an early winter.

Every trait should have a counter trait, good or bad, so something like "light eater" is in order, who gets +50% full meter by regular meals and who maybe could even eat 5 berries and be full.  ;D I've dated girls just like this..