Suggestions for Skilled/Interesting Streamers doing 1.0 Please

Started by Copperwire, July 25, 2018, 07:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Copperwire

Besides East, does anyone know anyone worth watching who is riding the 1.0 updates?

I do not care what language - though names I can type/search are helpful.

Crow_T

Rhadamant just did a 1.0 playthrough, probably one of the more skilled Rimworlders out there.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Jumper

Dargaron

Marbozir is likewise doing a Naked Brutality run on 1.0 Unstable. English language, and he's done Rimworld before in A14, 15 and 16, IIRC.

Mojito000

Copperwire

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfYISi0Ii7evLDOwIfmTV2g

There is East's main YouTube.  Looking at the name, you will see why its a link rather then a name to search. :/  I think there are live streams somewhere but I have no clue how to search for them.

Copperwire

Watched a lot of Rhadamant's play-through last night - certainly more a skip around then all ~30 hours of it.  It was interesting because he is both a good player and looking at 1.0 stuff for the first time as he plays.  He defended with bunkers, mostly.  A few one shot items.  No perimeter wall or trap maze etc.  Seeing as it was his first time messing with the newer turrets, I would be curious what he would or wouldn't do with them now.

His game did end up on hard during the end rather then extreme.  Not sure how that could have effected the end. 

One thing I noticed was his base was ... much less efficient and careful then a lot of other players I've seen yet he succeeded where many of them fail.

Overall:  Interesting.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Rhadamant

Quote from: Copperwire on July 26, 2018, 01:51:36 PM
Watched a lot of Rhadamant's play-through last night - certainly more a skip around then all ~30 hours of it.  It was interesting because he is both a good player and looking at 1.0 stuff for the first time as he plays.  He defended with bunkers, mostly.  A few one shot items.  No perimeter wall or trap maze etc.  Seeing as it was his first time messing with the newer turrets, I would be curious what he would or wouldn't do with them now.

His game did end up on hard during the end rather then extreme.  Not sure how that could have effected the end. 

One thing I noticed was his base was ... much less efficient and careful then a lot of other players I've seen yet he succeeded where many of them fail.

Overall:  Interesting.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I didn't bother to micromanage this playthru, nor did I solely focus on efficiency, more of a Let's Play than an actual challenge. =] Thanks for the shout out though!

Quote from: Crow_T on July 25, 2018, 08:36:09 PM
Rhadamant just did a 1.0 playthrough, probably one of the more skilled Rimworlders out there.

Thank you as well for the shout out!

mndfreeze

I'd like to see some more extreme (challenges, not difficulty) play throughs by people.  Rhadamant up there is what inspired me to try sea ice for the first time and it was a lot more fun then I had expected it to be.

Time to check out East!  My job is a feast or famine kind of computer job (sys admin/engineer) so when its slow its REALLY slow and I spend most of the night watching youtube while I work small issues.  Sadly for some reason youtube marks a ton of videos as not safe for restricted mode (work firewall forces restricted mode censorship) so I missed a bunch of random ones in Rhadamants playthough including the last 2 episodes.  No idea why their algorithm sucks so bad for catching content. 

Cohcarnage also had some rimworld games up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSfop772g5A

quill18 also has a lets play of 1.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5SInRx-9lA

Anniebenlen

I would like to stream my playthroughs (not really that skilled, but whatevs).  However, I believe that Tynan has said that he would rather we not stream the unstable branch since things are changing so fast and not always balanced properly.  I dunno, until I hear otherwise from him or any other dev I'm staying off of Twitch with this game out of respect. 

Just waiting sorta kinda patiently waiting for the greenlight to go.

robno

Quote from: Anniebenlen on July 27, 2018, 06:07:16 AM
I would like to stream my playthroughs (not really that skilled, but whatevs).  However, I believe that Tynan has said that he would rather we not stream the unstable branch since things are changing so fast and not always balanced properly.  I dunno, until I hear otherwise from him or any other dev I'm staying off of Twitch with this game out of respect. 

Just waiting sorta kinda patiently waiting for the greenlight to go.
I don't think he'll mind, especially if you put up a big sign saying 'Unstable 1.0 development build' somewhere on the screen. I'd be interested in a 1.0 stream! Also nice to see a 'not that skilled' player try it, it's kind of boring to watch experts succeed at everything

Delgar3

I've been playing an extreme naked brutality run from the begining of 1.0, which is up on youtube and is ongoing until I crash and burn or lift off.

Ive also watched Disnof on twitch. Especially fun watching him rage about caravaning.
My Youtube Channel: Click Here!
Noob Plays Rimworld: Click Here!

zizard

Anniebenlen

Alright then, you guys have talked me into it.  I'll be on twitch in an hour or so, playing Randy Rough on Commitment mode (my first time for both) so if seeing streamers have actual failures is your cup of tea then this is sure to be right up your alley.  Just search for Rimworld and Annie and I'm pretty sure you'll find me.  Not posting my actual link since that might be against the rules or maybe just rude, I know this forum isn't for my personal promotion and I respect that.

5. No self-promotion: No promotion of your own channel/mod/product. Limitation: You can mention your product or channel in context of other discussions, as long as it's a non-forced mention.

I have no idea if this counts as a "non-forced mention" or not.  Mods, if posting this is in any way inappropriate please let me know and it will delete, apologize, and never, ever do anything like this again.

Last edit: I'm about to go live.  Won't post a link here, but if you want PM me and I'll post a link to my channel or YouTube vid of it when it is up if you wish.

mndfreeze

Quote from: zizard on July 27, 2018, 05:28:01 PM
Skilled play is mostly unattractive to stream.

I disagree.  I find them pretty useful and entertaning.  It's cool to see how different people handle different situations, epecially unique or tough ones.  I've learned quite a lot about rimworld strategy that way.

That said, it is of course a lot of fun to watch a poor streamer crash and burn in a pile of misery and pain. ;)