Play Now or Wait??

Started by Falcon_the_Slut, July 26, 2018, 12:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcon_the_Slut

I have not been playing for several months on purpose - I've been waiting so I get the full 1.0 experience. That said, I'm super thirsty for some Rimworld in my life. Should I continue to hold off or can I play the unstable build now without the release of 1.0 being super different? A silly question, but want the RW savory goodness in my mouth but I also want the 1.0 newness.  Thanks with peace and love.

Serenity

Go ahead and play. There are still balancing changes made on the fly, but overall it works mostly fine

wandererobtm101

Quote from: Falcon_the_Slut on July 26, 2018, 12:35:38 PM
I have not been playing for several months on purpose - I've been waiting so I get the full 1.0 experience. That said, I'm super thirsty for some Rimworld in my life. Should I continue to hold off or can I play the unstable build now without the release of 1.0 being super different? A silly question, but want the RW savory goodness in my mouth but I also want the 1.0 newness.  Thanks with peace and love.

If you are ok abandoning colonies at a whim b/c of a save breaking or game changing updates then 1.0 is good. Otherwise I'd stick to 0.18.

If you like using a lot of mods, you'll be better off waiting.

Teleblaster18

I'd recommend playing 1.0, because playing B18 at this point may get you into some habits that you'll later regret.

Go for it...but go in with the understanding that 1.0 is unstable, and can see changes at any time.  Stuff that you've already accomplished might need to be redone (although it is possible to use Developer Mode to fix many of those things). 1.0 is very much a work in progress, and the new game balance is still being actively worked out. 

Still, with all that said...1.0 has a noticably different "feel" than B18.  Better to get a handle on the new systems, instead of having to change out-of-date habits.

Mufflamingo

I was in the same situation like you, hesitating to play 1.0 even though I really wanna play it. I dont want to upgrade to 1.0 because I am a very mod reliant player, that is what made me hesitate since not all mods are not updated to 1.0.

But just 3 days ago, I mustered up my courage to ditch b18 and play the unstable build even though the mods would be limited.

My first impression was it felt like a different atmosphere in a sense that many of the things changed, especially in the textures which was a positive for me because I really liked how the items and workbenches looked. It made the game looked sexier somehow? And it hooked me. (They were aesthetically pleasing for me).

Also bunch of QOL mods from b18 were implemented in the 1.0 so most of those unupdated mods I used to play with doesnt really matter anymore.

Now I just play 1.0 with a few mods. (IM NOT EVEN PLAYING HEAVY MODED, ANYMORE. LOL.)

So just go try it out man. Its worth it!
Bleeeee. . . . .

Listen1

Well, I've been playing for two weeks (one permadeath colony at a time) and never had a save break or something.

1.0 Unstable is simply a way better game than B18 modded.

Go for it, and post your feedback so that the game can become even better!

RyanRim

Don't play, wait for more mods. Sadly a lot of modders have gone inactive but it's still too over the place.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯