The Story Of A Fall {Part 1: Revelations}

Started by Quasarrgames, June 25, 2014, 01:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasarrgames

tick. tick. tick.

the repetitive sound in my head hasn't ceased since i woke up in here. The last thing i remember is a band of raiders coming up over the horizon. I fought fiercely, but a bullet ripped through my side. I must have passed out from the pain. Then i woke up in this room. This cold, dark stone room. I check my side. the bullet is gone and the wound has been cauterized, but it hurts like haegke to move. I can just barely make out a table in the corner of the room. Wait, i recognize this room. This is the jail cell.

Oh gods. They know.

The heavy wood door opens in a blinding glare of light form outside. Juli enters.
"I take it you know why you're in here" she says in an ominous tone.
Maybe there's a different reason why i'm locked in here. Maybe there's a misunderstanding. there's a chance...
"No i don't! i'm just a farmer. I-"
She smacks me in the face  with the butt of her gun. Darick, it hurts.
"I DON'T BELIEVE THAT STEATHK!" she yells. "YOU'RE THE REASON WHY WE CRASHED HERE!"
She knows.
"I WAS GOING TO BUILD A BETTER LIFE! WE ALL WERE! BUT YOU RUINED IT! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING! YOU KILLED EVERYONE!"
Hot, angry tears well up on her face. I've never seen Juli like this.
"Juli, i'm sorry." that's all i can think to say.

She stares at me with unparalleled hatred and disgust for many agonizing seconds. Then she finally speaks. She's vented enough that she's not screaming a me anymore, but her tone is still hostile.
"If you're wondering how i know, I was scouting the landing site a few days ago. I found this in your escape pod."
She throws something to me. Even though i can barely see it, i know what it is. It's the deepspace transponder. It's what ships use to keep themselves from ripping apart while at light speed. Without it, a lot of explosions happen.

"Please, Juli, i can explain."
"I don't care about your Darick excuses" she says. "You will pay for this."
She then exits the room and slams the door behind her, leaving me trapped here in this cocoon of guilt and lies.

Only the gods now what will happen to me now.

[More may be coming soon! Hope you like it!]
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

milon

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Quasarrgames on June 25, 2014, 01:32:00 PM
tick. tick. tick.

the repetitive sound in my head hasn't ceased since i woke up in here. The last thing i remember is a band of raiders coming up over the horizon. I fought fiercely, but a bullet ripped through my side. I must have passed out from the pain. Then i woke up in this room. This cold, dark stone room. I check my side. the bullet is gone and the wound has been cauterized, but it hurts like haegke to move. I can just barely make out a table in the corner of the room. Wait, i recognize this room. This is the jail cell.

Oh gods. They know.

The heavy wood door opens in a blinding glare of light form outside. Juli enters.
"I take it you know why you're in here" she says in an ominous tone.
Maybe there's a different reason why i'm locked in here. Maybe there's a misunderstanding. there's a chance...
"No i don't! i'm just a farmer. I-"
She smacks me in the face  with the butt of her gun. Darick, it hurts.
"I DON'T BELIEVE THAT STEATHK!" she yells. "YOU'RE THE REASON WHY WE CRASHED HERE!"
She knows.
"I WAS GOING TO BUILD A BETTER LIFE! WE ALL WERE! BUT YOU RUINED IT! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING! YOU KILLED EVERYONE!"
Hot, angry tears well up on her face. I've never seen Juli like this.
"Juli, i'm sorry." that's all i can think to say.

She stares at me with unparalleled hatred and disgust for many agonizing seconds. Then she finally speaks. She's vented enough that she's not screaming a me anymore, but her tone is still hostile.
"If you're wondering how i know, I was scouting the landing site a few days ago. I found this in your escape pod."
She throws something to me. Even though i can barely see it, i know what it is. It's the deepspace transponder. It's what ships use to keep themselves from ripping apart while at light speed. Without it, a lot of explosions happen.

"Please, Juli, i can explain."
"I don't care about your Darick excuses" she says. "You will pay for this."
She then exits the room and slams the door behind her, leaving me trapped here in this cocoon of guilt and lies.

Only the gods now what will happen to me now.

[More may be coming soon! Hope you like it!]

There is no lightspeed in the rimverse... shall i link you to the lore?
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

a89a89

Quasarrgames

tick. tick. tick.

I've been hearing things outside. a couple days ago i heard the unmistakable gunfire from a raider attack. Judging by the sound of the explosions, two of them had frag grenades. We beat them, but i have no idea the cost. Then yesterday I heard the unmistakable shrill screams of psychotic boomrats charge into colony. I counted six explosions.

I've been locked in here for almost a week now. Every day Juli comes in here, and just stares at me. She stares at me with the type of angry, burning vision that feels like it melts your soul. I don't know what she's doing. Is this how she normally treats prisoners? Is she trying to psyche me out? Is she hoping that her stares will somehow make me magically drop dead? I don't know. All i know is, all the time while she stares at me, she's thinking hard about something. I can only begin to imagine what she could be thinking about.

With all this hatred and conflict going on, I just hope I get to live to see the sunlight again.
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Ender

interesting story so far, though there isn't any lightspeed travel in the RimWorld universe.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....