Meat cubes are weird and kind of gross.

Started by Zombull, July 27, 2018, 01:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombull

I mean... Eww.

I would have gone with art that looks like little steaks instead.

[attachment deleted due to age]

InventorRaccoon

Yeah, some of these new textures are really weird. Meat is probably the worst - looks like something made for an entirely different art style.

Call me Arty

The art-style is defined by the pawns, in my opinion. The issue is, the pawns are basically two shapes with dots for eyes. I'm not on-board with any art-style changes unless new tilesets get supported or the pawns themselves get an update.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Vagabond

I always wished we could get an art style like this ("Door Kickers"), especially for the pawns. It's probably the coolest top down sort of art style out there, well animated too.

Crow_T

Yeah, it looks a bit lean for my tastes ;)
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Lilli

I've found them pretty weird aswell, but not as weird as the purple strawberries  :o

zizard

Bet the artist is vegan and we are being meat shamed.

Syrchalis

For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Vyktor_Abyss

I am fairly new to Rimworld and this is my first forum post but I just came to give feedback on this latest update too - Really really weird meat blocks! I think they are now more visable to see at a glance (perhaps as they are a brighter more eye catching colour?), but also way uglier too. I'm certainly thinking of going full vege hehe.

The new healroot plant looks much less distinctive, and same with Jade and Insect Jelly, possibly insect meat and fungus too...
Components are another weird one... Will take a bit of getting used to.

But on the positive side - meal, and herbal medicine stacks look fantastic, and the textiles all seem much easier to quantify. Looking forward to hubba bubba Mod 1.0. Cheers! :)

Crow_T

A bit of HSL tweaking could help a bit:

[attachment deleted due to age]
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Nainara

I have to agree with OP. The meat cubes seem just a little bit too voluminous.

Orionreach

Just a few minor critiques. (I'm completely addicted to this game)

A rib-eye or rib rack model would be easy to implement, and imo fit nicely here. 
examples:
https://goo.gl/images/mSD7iV
https://goo.gl/images/5F1Xip
https://goo.gl/images/aK4SCK

I really liked the older component model compared to the new, I understand the spool is metallic but it just looks like something that would be used at a tailoring bench, and I find it a bit odd to imagine stumbling upon that resource naturally in mountain rock.

The Neutroamine, medicine, harvested healroot, silver, gold, meals- all look great from what I've seen, single or stacked. I've noticed a few cosmetic changes to some of the guns too (smg for one). Thumbs up from me :)

Anniebenlen

I guess I'm the only meat cube fan here.  I'm not saying that I don't think that they are weird and kinda gross, just that I like them for that fact.  But then, I have seven cats and a husband, so I'm very used to weird and gross stuff.

erdrik

I agree the Meat Cube doesn't work for "normal" meats, but it seems so off putting to the community it might work as the Human Meat?

Orionreach

I think it's one of those "If it's not broken, don't fix it" kind of things. Human meat looks ok as it is. Overall the changes have been quite good though. It looks like everything is much sharper now, the water textures, etc. I feel like the camera zoom has been increased as well. The meat is truly the only thing that looks off-putting to me so far. The previous version never looked bad, to be honest.