Yes
30 (60%)
No
20 (40%)
Only /r/rimworld
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 50

RyanRim

So I discovered that the Reddit has become slightly more popular than our forum, and as a rare Reddit user myself, I am quite surprised. In the new layout it does look a bit better than the forum, however it's just for fun threads as far as I've seen (or questions).

I decided to make a little poll  :)

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

DubskiDude

I used to use r/Rimworld, but people there are only really interested in dumb memes and fanart. What's worse is that any time you try to give constructive criticism on a part of the game, your post is downvote bombed. I want to be charitable about the people there, but honestly the majority of those I've dealt with behave like you're attacking their pet game, and any criticism is akin to saying "fuck you for liking Rimworld". Reddit is toxic in general, and r/Rimworld is no different if your post is simply aimed at identifying a problem and offering solutions.

This is why I'm very surprised with the Ludeon forum. People here don't behave at all like the redditors. It's pretty fascinating. Suggesting balancing changes here is 100% more constructive.

Panzer

Reddit seems to be more of an american thing, in europe it isnt as common.

Listen1

Reddit is for the memes.

Forum for game discussion.

The biggest problem with reddit is that it dosen't allow for long discussions on a topic, since every importantant or interesting topic would need to be pinned so everyone can see... and you can only Pin a certain amount before it looking clunky.

RyanRim

I agree, found some nice rw memes, but no serious discussion like in forum. Really weird screenshots have also moved from forum to reddit :o

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

zizard

Reddit is a bit basic but it's ok. Discord is the worst though. Absolutely garbage.

Greep

Quote from: zizard on July 27, 2018, 05:27:01 PM
Reddit is a bit basic but it's ok. Discord is the worst though. Absolutely garbage.

Steam forums are the worst you mean  ;D
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

zizard

Quote from: Greep on July 27, 2018, 06:16:30 PM
Quote from: zizard on July 27, 2018, 05:27:01 PM

Steam forums are the worst you mean  ;D

Steam forums are more personally honest since it's at least a third party website.

Anniebenlen

One nice thing about Reddit is that there is almost always someone around to answer a question in realtime if you need that.  I play in the middle of the night (I'm a second shift factory workers so I basically keep vampire hours) when things can be a bit slow.  Reddit can be good for those "A Thrumbo self-tamed"  That's... good?" moments.

For the record I found that the I couldn't feed the thrumbo at the time so I had to slaughter take it to a farm upstate where it could run around free and happy and away from my damned crops.

5thHorseman

I never got into Reddit. I only go there when Google directs me there on a search, and I leave right after.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Gohihioh

I had problem with poll, since I use reddit regularly but I don't use r/Rimworld :)

RyanRim

Haha well, being an avid Discord user but haven't dared to join the RimWorld one. Votes are even now  :P

Off-topic, never in my game history got a self-tamed thrumbo  :'(

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

mndfreeze

I use reddit for multiple games and sections, but when it comes to posting rimmy stuff I do that here because this is where Tynan actively posts and that's who the target of my feedback is for 1.0.

I've always been a forum guy though.  Since the early days before rimworld even existed, so I prefer them over places like reddit.

I also prefer the thread view style more than the upvote/downvote style of display.

sadpickle

Injured Muffalo

I was never interested in them, but I have to admit they have a ton of subjects there. I don't like their new design though.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.