Hunting

Started by jcapp, July 27, 2018, 01:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcapp

On dev build,
Cassandra Rough
Lots of time played in the last few days.

It's probably been suggested before but i didn't see it on a quick search.
Hunting selection is a little bit tedious at the moment, and i think it could use a UI overhaul. The list itself is nice, and it's way better then what we used to have, but it's still a little obnoxious to have to open it up every five minutes and re-check what you want hunted.
Make the hunting tab more like a Storage settings tab, where it lists all animals for you to check/uncheck and set it up so that pawns auto hunt selected creatures when they spawn on the map.
You could categorize them in the list by their percent chance to attack back if necessary, so you can quickly select all non retaliating animals, or the 2% chance retaliation animals. The only real exception you'd have to make to those categories i think is Boomrats/Boomalopes would need their own checkbox, as you can only really hunt them effectively when it's raining. 

Aerial

Do you mean the wildlife tab? 

I don't use the wildlife tab for hunting.  I don't think that's really its purpose.  I use it to check how many predators are on the map and then I can click on each one to find them on the map.  It's also useful for mass animal insanity because I can go through the list of that type of animal in the wildlife tab, click to each, and check whether that one is a manhunter.  That way I know when the event is over and I've killed all of the insane animals.

jcapp

Yeah the wildlife tab.
You do raise a good point that it displaying what is actually on your map at a glance is useful too, and i wouldn't want to lose that perk. Which my initial suggestion would cause if implemented at face value. But still i think you could find a better medium.
And hunting and taming is definitely part of the tabs purpose, hence the hunt/tame buttons and the hunt/tame all on shift click.