[SOLVED] Reenabling dev mode in 1.0

Started by wolfraider, July 27, 2018, 05:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfraider

Hi!

So I permanently disabled the dev mode, which turned out to be stupid, because I can't experiment anymore =).

I tried to delete prefs.xml, it didn't work. After the game regenerated the file, I tried to manually edit the "<devMode>" line to true, but it is reverted back to false anytime I run the game! Any ideas? =D

On another note, perhaps disabling the devmode should be a matter of a save file, because sometimes you are just experimenting and fooling around, another time you are playing seriously and do not want to be tempted. Or perhaps devmode should be disabled by default when playing commitment mode? Just ideas.

Thanks guys!

edit: some clarification

RyanRim

Happened to me on B18. Disabled god mode on menu, loaded on a new mod, save didn't run afterwards. I'm sure it wasn't a mod conflict. Might've broken your save, also the file might be only *generated* by console.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

wolfraider

Are we talking about the same issue =)? I edited the original post, perhaps it makes more sense now?

And besides, I'm pretty sure the button to permanently disable the dev mode wasn't in B18.

BlackSmokeDMax

Need to delete the file named "DisableDevMode" or something very close to that. Think that is in the config folder.

wolfraider

How on Earth could I not see that file? How? xD
Thanks for helping!