Adrenaline rush - combat and post combat mood "buff"

Started by DropbearNinja, July 29, 2018, 01:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DropbearNinja

Combat is scary. Everyone gets an adrenaline rush. Suggest implementing adrenaline as a mood buff so your recruited pawns wont have a mental break about not eating at a table as the enemy approaches. Or, even better, perhaps not a mood buff as such, but a consciousness modifier that improves alertness/movement speed/shot accuracy, and lowers mental break threshold.

Adrenaline lasts a while after the fight has finished. Would also help with the recovery period after battle. At the moment it goes from "yay we survived, lets patch up our wounded, oh wait, no, cant I'm going to have a tantrum and let our survivors die." 

When adrenaline starts wearing off you can feel a bit out of sorts, so to counter the mood buff, some time later there's a small debuff, perhaps to health stats as well.

Related to post-combat mood - I know if I survived an assault on my colony I'd be pretty pleased that I lived. How about a "yay, i didn't die that time" mood buff?

Basically, after a fight it should be "all hands on deck to look after our wounded" but it's a time when everyone has huge de-buffs from pain, deaths etc. And that should happen, but not straight away. Just delay it a little by the above.

Alternatively, but more complex, evaluate how a battle went, and apply an appropriate buff. "We killed all of them and took no casualties" +50 huge buff. "We survived, but only just. Lots of casualties" +0 buff.

Edit: i know this has been sugegsted before, but last time was 2014, want to bring it up again.

AileTheAlien

This would be a really cool addition, I think. All the moods are balanced around encouraging the player to keep their pawns happy long-term, but everyone just starts throwing fits right after battle. :)