[B19] Syrchalis' Prosthetic Icons

Started by Syrchalis, July 29, 2018, 02:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

Adds icons to every vanilla prosthetic and implant. Also adds a special texture for stacks of implants in case you have a mod that allows you to stack them.

2.0 Update:
Patch Operations have been replaced by C# code that looks for key words and assigns textures and colors accordingly. This means that instead of relying on compatibility on the side of this mod it now relies on mods that add prosthetics to use the right words in their defnames.

The result is that basically any mod that adds any prosthetic is compatible now.

Modders: Look at Github for a guide to making your mod compatible.

Steam
GitHub
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

ultra4

Looks amazing, gorgeous and simple

Any possibility to take care of the prosthetic staking from this end? (definition of stack size in menu even better)

Syrchalis

Not really - if you want to stack prosthetics you can use Stack XXL or OgreStack. This mod does two things:
1. It changes the graphicClass to graphic_StackCount -> That means it uses different textures for single, more and full stacks
2. It gives every prosthetic two textures, a single one with an icon and a bigger one, also with an icon, this way you can see at a glance what prosthetic it is and if it's just one or multiple.

However what this mod does not do: It doesn't make prosthetics stackable nor does it provide a "full stack" texture. In my opinion that's a nice fancy thing for many resources, but not really needed for prosthetics. It's just somewhat important to know if you have one or more than one.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

zizard

SpaceDorf

Thank you Syrchalis.

A mod that feels a need I did not know I had.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Namsan

Hello

Syrchalis

Updated to 2.0 (mod version).

Now uses C# to replace textures instead of XML - this means it automatically is compatible with any mod, even your own, as long as you properly named your prosthetics. See GitHub for an explanation.

5thHorseman

How hard would it be (as an add-on I'm thinking) to replace the images? I *think* it'd just be a folder for the new images and a patch that re-points things but in my experience things are never as easy as they appear.

I'm thinking of making an "old eyes friendly add-on to prosthetic icons" with icons like this, only hopefully not 2-minute mockups in mspaint:

Because my old man eyes just can't always make out what is what.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

DSR

I have encountered a few minor issues.
The texture of bamboo from VGP gets replaced erroneously and archotech parts look too small.
What can be changed in XMLs for your mod to skip bamboo? I failed to find keywords that could trigger it.

Otherwise, great mod. Thank you!

Syrchalis

That is mostly the fault of the other mod authors. Bamboo is considered a tech hediff (because of peg legs) and that's why it gets this graphic. I excluded it specifically now.

The archotech thing is because usually these boxes have the size 0.8, like the archotech one - but I find the 1.0 sized ones better. The mod author of the archotech mod has set their size to 0.8 probably and my mod isn't overwriting that value. I changed it now in C#.

DSR

Quote from: Syrchalis on September 07, 2018, 10:26:19 AM
Bamboo is considered a tech hediff. I excluded it specifically now.
Sweet, I get to keep bamboo peg legs.

Quote from: Syrchalis on September 07, 2018, 10:26:19 AM
The mod author of the archotech mod has set their size to 0.8
Yup, RBSE - Lite Edition\Defs\ThingDefs_Items\Items_BodyParts_ArchoVanilla.xml has <drawSize>0.80

Everything works now. Thanks for the quick fix.  :)

Tenshi~Akari

The icon/texture issue seems to be also happening when this is used with the Expanded Woodworking mod active, too. I just tried your mod out a little while ago, and all the new wood log types added by that mod pretty much turned into the prosthetic icon shown in DSR's post. Everything still works fine, it just looks strange that all the wood/lumber takes on the same stuff color as the prosthetic itself. :P

Letting Spaceman know this as well, but just as another heads up for those who use both mods like I'd like to.  These icons should've been a vanilla thing from the get-go. :D

Syrchalis

Hm, I'm a bit confused because I'm ignoring anything that contains "WoodLog" or "Lumber", so that shouldn't be happening anymore. Are you sure you're using an up-to-date version?

Tenshi~Akari

^^^ ::) Of course, me THINKING I had the right archive for the newest version & had extracted the older copy of the 7z file I downloaded when this first came out instead of the newer one I had just downloaded yesterday. Wrong version was exactly what it was.

My bad, I have got to clean out all of those extra back-ups from my main file...  :P