Extremely lucky starting conidtions!

Started by jcapp, July 29, 2018, 03:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcapp

Started my first merciless play through, Naked and Alone, tribe faction. Starting in Tundra.

First few days, gather the basics, craft a re-curve bow. Fight some Muffalo to get fur to start crafting warm clothes. Then kill two muffalos, on attacking the third they enrage so i run the character to her little one room house to hide inside and wait them out. Three remaining angry muffalos, one is bleeding and will die in a few hours. Get a random visitor from the neutral tribe and the muffalos attack her and knock her out. She drops 6 packaged survival meals, a triple rocket launcher, a good auto pistol some silver and some other random odities.
Muffalos finally give up and i go and strip the visitor, she has a full set of Good flak armor and a Good Synthread Bowler hat. Considering she was so helpful in gearing me up i decide to rescue her. A few days pass, she survives and exits the map.

When she exits the map i go from zero to +60 Faction for saving her.
The very next day a war merchant from her tribe comes to visit and decides to leave me a gift of a good chain Shotgun.
So in exactly 8 rimworld days played, i have this:

https://imgur.com/a/cnBcMi0
Full set of good Flak, and a Good Chain Shotgun >.>

scorlew

A wise man once observed:  "I'd rather be lucky than good any day."
Send lawyers, guns and money. 
                           -WZ

jcapp

Well said!
Especially in a game with this much RNG

Yeol

Indeed very lucky start, but in the long run luck and bad luck cancel themselves out.  ;)

I just discovered that one can make a bow with the crafting spot. That will make my "naked and alone" runs a little easier.  ;D