Question from Something Awful here. Ludeon: What's a rectal core?

Started by Pryomaniac Ida, August 03, 2018, 02:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pryomaniac Ida

I came upon a dead Thrumbo in my game (already dead)

And it seems to have endured an extreme rectal coring. the Rimworld wiki was of no help when searching for the word "rectal", and we were all very curious what a rectal coring is in Rimworld, and what counts as an extreme one as opposed to say a minor one.

Please advice.

XeoNovaDan

Pryomaniac Ida

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on August 03, 2018, 02:53:46 AM
That'd be from a mod.

Really? What mod adds that?

I have never seen it before or since. And none of the mods are related to combat or body functions.

Canute

Just curious,
why do you care about that an alien creature got an rectal core ? It got a different anatomy then others anyway.
But if you would found a rectal core at your pawn's it would be a different thing :-)

Teleblaster18

If names are any indication, my money's on "Share the load". 

XeoNovaDan

Actually, what Share The Load does is allow multiple people to haul resources to a single construction blueprint or frame, rather than just one person. Pretty good mod!

Pryomaniac Ida

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on August 03, 2018, 03:41:51 AM
Actually, what Share The Load does is allow multiple people to haul resources to a single construction blueprint or frame, rather than just one person. Pretty good mod!

No I think he's right. If any mod is the butt mod then share the load is the butt mod. Further research is required.

cultist

Well it appears to be a condition and not a body part, but that just raises further questions. Maybe some things were not meant to be learned.

wandererobtm101

Quote from: Pryomaniac Ida on August 03, 2018, 02:44:21 AM

And it seems to have endured an extreme rectal coring. the Rimworld wiki was of no help when searching for the word "rectal", and we were all very curious what a rectal coring is in Rimworld, and what counts as an extreme one as opposed to say a minor one.

Please advice.

Use notepad++ or similar and search your Rimworld directory for that phrase. Should surface the XML file that defines. Now you know where it's coming from.

Pryomaniac Ida

Quote from: wandererobtm101 on August 03, 2018, 12:55:23 PM
Quote from: Pryomaniac Ida on August 03, 2018, 02:44:21 AM

Please advice.

Use notepad++ or similar and search your Rimworld directory for that phrase. Should surface the XML file that defines. Now you know where it's coming from.

Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (2 hits)

OtherFianceNoMarriageSpotCellOffset spectateRect spectateRectAllowedSides t

ColonistBarOnGUI CheckRecacheEntries GetEntryRectAlpha AnyColonistOrCorpseAt

Injured Muffalo

Maybe that thrumbo received that injury from a troll. There are trolls.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Greep

The butt mystery continues.

0 mentions of rectal in vanilla xml defs.

My guess is a bug in rimatomics.  Your thrumbo has a nuclear core for a butt.

edit:  actually i wouldn't be surprised if it was the surgery mod doing something weird.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Thom Blair III

I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.