[1.0] Squad UI Tweaks

Started by drumad, July 27, 2018, 04:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drumad

Squad UI Tweaks

Description:

A few minor tweaks to the UI when selecting groups:

• shows the range of all weapons when the mouse is over the "Attack" button
  • shows the weapon types that are equipped -- clicking the weapon allows for assigning targets to all pawns with that weapon

All of the code is basically vanilla Rimworld, I just linked various bits up. Hopefully this or something along these lines will be incorporated into [1.0]

Feedback on any issues would be greatly appreciated.

Author
drumad

Credits

• pardeike for the Harmony patching library
  • marnador for the Rimworld font

Downloads:
Steam Workshop
Github download

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

-edit: better image, added steam link

Ruisuki

very nice. should be adapted into vanilla

ultra4

couple of questions:

CE compatible?
detects enemy weapon ranges?

drumad

This was designed for 1.0 unstable; so wasn't designed to support CE (which hasn't been updated yet).
That being said, having just tested this, it half works in b18 (with or without CE): it doesn't show range on mouseover (which was added in vanilla 1.0) but does let you order pawns with particular weapon types to fire on certain targets.
I'm having a quick look to see how much work it would be to fully support b18 and CE; if its not too bad I'll add a b18 version.

As for viewing raider or other enemies weapons: that's vanilla 1.0, and again, depends on how difficult it would be

drumad

Having looked at b18 code; showing range on mouse-over would require a significant amount of work ... the C# method 1.0 uses and which I implement in this mod doesn't appear to exist in b18...and the classes are internal so can't be easily accessed anyway.

I recommend checking out pardeike's range finder mod though:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=39436.0

Inacio

Workshop release pretty please!

drumad

Added the mod to steam workshop, link is in the OP