General 1.0 Art Feedback Thread

Started by Syrchalis, July 31, 2018, 08:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

santafefoundation

An update on the Butcher's workbench would be nice, and while we're at it potatoes and corn. Corn just needs a small tweak, maybe a slight darker green outline on the husks so they look more like corn and less like green and yellow sticks

mndfreeze

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on July 31, 2018, 08:43:11 AM
I'm fine with a lot of the furniture and workbenches. They fit very well with the current art style though some like the sun lamp could use an upgrade.

I'm not colorblind but I understand some players are. I'm not a fan of the new herbal plants nor the stack meds (and that 25 limit) and the silver. Gold looks like a bunch of corn in a pile and the old silver at least look like coin/resource. The shells gets an eh from me. The big cartoon nature of them works as we see them from a distance.

Also the boxes for the bionics and prostheses are way too brown and similar in colour. They're so damn plain. When I get one for a quest, I want it to be new and shiny like in EPOE or RBSE. Here, they just look like a square pizza box.

I like the new heavy SMG and am fine with most of the guns. I do think the bolt-action and the shotgun could use a bit of a rework because they too look a bit similar to one another.

I am colorblind, pretty badly, and I love the new healroot plants.  It's a LOT easier to see with how contrasting it is against most of the backgrounds, which are usually greens. 

Blight on the other hand.... well... it only exists in the code because I surely can't ever see it.

legendary

Cooking stove looks very nice. I see burning holes! Nice. Thought, all elements in game could be "HD"...
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

Ser Kitteh

The shield belt looks like a bra? Ah, you mean BATTLE READY ARMOR.

Anyway the advanced helmet needs an update too. It's way too familiar to the simple helmet.

Kirby23590

Quote from: dearmad on August 01, 2018, 02:13:09 PM
Op: i begging for matured plant visuals too! Annoying to click and see 98%, etc... And no change when it matures...

Share your art for trees when you do them as mod? Although i think this should be a base game feature!

Yes trees! I'm tired of select chop everything and see that the trees aren't fully matured or are still baby saplings outside of my vision.

We need textures for baby & newly planed and young trees where they are showing as baby trees show i know not to spam my chop everything around and get annoyed at it.

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on August 02, 2018, 10:24:32 AM
Quote from: SpookCrow on August 01, 2018, 05:54:53 PM
Shield belt looks like a bra.
The shield belt looks like a bra? Ah, you mean BATTLE READY ARMOR.

I see what you did there. I also watched that show back in my days...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.