[Mod Request] Climate change event (extreme temperature)

Started by Frejoh466, August 03, 2018, 01:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frejoh466

So I'm tired of the only challenge is zerg raiders, robots, or buggs.

I would love to see a climate change event where it becomes extreme hot/cold (+50, -50) for 3/5years over the whole planet. And maybe add a temperature range setting in world creation so the temperature different from summer to winter is more than 20 Celsius. So we can have those 35+ summers and -20 winters.

I know modding for Rimworld is hard, but is this possible? I once asked to set a max limit on those zerg raid events, but that was apparently very hard, and there was no max limit you could change.

Roolo

Quote from: Frejoh466 on August 03, 2018, 01:14:45 AM
So I'm tired of the only challenge is zerg raiders, robots, or buggs.

I would love to see a climate change event where it becomes extreme hot/cold (+50, -50) for 3/5years over the whole planet. And maybe add a temperature range setting in world creation so the temperature different from summer to winter is more than 20 Celsius. So we can have those 35+ summers and -20 winters.

I know modding for Rimworld is hard, but is this possible? I once asked to set a max limit on those zerg raid events, but that was apparently very hard, and there was no max limit you could change.

Yes, the climate event is certainly possible and a good idea IMO. I also don't see why it's not possible with a few harmony patches to put a max limit on raid events. That's not that hard if you know how to code.

Edit: you might want to check out the raid size limiter mod. It's roughly what you want, but you only cannot set a hard maximum number of raiders, Instead it caps the raid points, which is a better solution if you ask me.

Frejoh466

Quote from: Roolo on August 03, 2018, 01:52:33 AM
Edit: you might want to check out the raid size limiter mod. It's roughly what you want, but you only cannot set a hard maximum number of raiders, Instead it caps the raid points, which is a better solution if you ask me.

I can't find the mod, you got a link. It seems interesting as I don't like the zerg raids. 

Quote from: Mehni on August 03, 2018, 02:15:29 AM
You might like Climate Cycle ++.

It looks interesting, and I'm going to try it on 1.0. But it seems like it just get worse and worse, and just for the map and not the planet. 

I would rather have a harder and longer cold snap/heat wave for a longer time. Like an event where there is an temperature offset that last for 3 years.

Roolo

QuoteI can't find the mod, you got a link. It seems interesting as I don't like the zerg raids. 
Raid Size Limiter: No more humongous raids!