Auto-rebuild of traps causing pawns to get stuck "Standing."

Started by d3th2u420, August 02, 2018, 03:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3th2u420

Version: 1.0.1982 [unstable]

I had a meteorite land on the location of an already sprung trap.  Some of my pawns stopped doing any jobs from the work-list and would only do automatic things like eat and sleep. Not considered idol, but actions was stuck "Standing." (mostly in the way) .. I could manually command them to do things, but they would revert back to "Standing." afterwards. Finally realized it was my pawns with construction enabled.

Essentially, I had an outline of a trap that needed to be rebuilt embedded into a location where it could no longer be built due to the meteorite (embedded inside a square of the meteorite). This was of course a valid location prior to the meteorite falling and occupying the square.

Fixed it by deleting the blueprint (once i tracked it all down)

Error message was "X doing 10 jobs in one tick" (or whatever the exact verbiage is).

Sorry, no logs, screenshots, or files, but I think you get the idea.

Thanks, good luck!

d3th2u420

If it matters, there were free squares adjacent to the trap blueprint, but the blueprint itself was not in a free square. (playing in commitment mode so I can't provide screenshots anymore).

Is it relevant to point out my colonists were forced to eat insect kibble while i debugged the issue?